Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

cleavers said:
Bluebee2 said:
Cheers Toure', I'll think of you when my first payment comes out for the three season tickets I can't really afford.
If you "can't really afford" them then perhaps you shouldn't have ordered them, that's not Toure's fault. Would you have not ordered them had he done this before you ordered ?

City are still City, with or without Toure, personally I'd trust the club to do what is the best thing for Manchester City, I suspect he already knows what that is.
The point bluebee is making is most of us make sacrifices working in shitty jobs to follow our city often spending money we havnt got or scrimping on other essential s to get to the games.to see someone we have put on a pedistol stick two fingers up too you

Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
Not trying to start a fight but i'm curious as to why you seem to be viewing this differently from Tevez's indiscretions at the club. Unless i'm mistaken I'm pretty sure you said Tevez had to go.
I wanted him gone, yes. Which is not the same as saying he had to go though. His crimes were considerably worse in that he actually fucked off to Argentina and missed most of a season. I'd call that a very serious breach of contract and City almost certainly could have terminated it if we chose to. Whereas Yaya has simply said he feels unappreciated. The magnitude of the offences are substantially different. Secondly, the importance of Tevez and Yaya are in different galaxies. Yaya has been hugely important for this club, and has been the key player in more of the biggest moments than anybody. Whereas Tevez returning, last season, as I predicted - in contrast to many, didn't help our cause at all, whereas Yaya having a cracker of a season this season aided us no end.

Personally I see little difference between Tevez's various outbursts and complaints about broken promises from executives and Yaya's agents frankly offensive comments about the Sheikhs buying relationships. For me both situations go beyond the normal jockeying for new contracts which top players do and because of that for me Toure can go this summer if we get a big enough offer.

Ducado said:
bobmcfc said:
Maybe some people think his agent went too far with his comments and I think the anger stems from those interviews. Personally I don't think what has been said by Yaya and seluk can be deemed as normal negotiating tactics and those who are angry have every right to be upset about it !

I agree

Imagine if we had this every season from every top player on our books , It would be an utter nightmare wouldn't it ?

Skashion said:
TCIB said:
That is a weak argument skash.
Bayern and Dortmund never seem to have this hassle with players.

Just because others put up with petulant prima donna's does not mean we should or need nor have to.
Ok, I don't think it is weak, but let's now introduce the second part of my argument. Let's suppose a player wants to engineer a move. We then have set a precedent where the only thing a player has to do to engineer a move out is to act up even a little bit. I don't consider that a show of strength or a victory.

True that given the right circumstances.
That said i believe we will not touch anyone with such unhinged representatives/agents. Whilst Txiki and Soriano are here i think that will be part of the holistic thing.

Personally i think he will get sold as this does throw a bit of a spanner in the holistic ethos.
Something the management put a lot of effort into developing and i doubt want messing up.

After that we will carry on looking at players who fit our "no hassle" policy imo and stay away from any hint of a diva/daft agent.

BillyShears said:
Personally I see little difference between Tevez's various outbursts and complaints about broken promises from executives and Yaya's agents frankly offensive comments about the Sheikhs buying relationships. For me both situations go beyond the normal jockeying for new contracts which top players do and because of that for me Toure can go this summer if we get a big enough offer.
Tevez actually said he WANTED to go. He also pled for us to understand and also effectively ask us to lower our asking price in order to pay for HIS infidelity. Remember his wife only ran off to Argentina because he had an affair. He wanted us as a club to pay for that. Right now, we don't even know what Yaya wants, and he certainly hasn't said he's going to leave, or turned in a transfer request.

However, you have your view, fair enough, you've asked me to explain my view and I have, I also ask you to accept that, even if you disagree, I truly believe Yaya is and always was a lot more important to this club and that my entire post history from late 2010 or early 2011 onwards will bear that out.

Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
Tevez actually said he WANTED to go. He also plead for us to understand and also effectively ask us to lower our asking price in order to pay for HIS infidelity. Remember his wife only ran off to Argentina because he had an affair. He wanted us as a club to pay for that. Right now, we don't even know what Yaya wants, and he certainly hasn't said he's going to leave, or turned in a transfer request.

However, you have your view, fair enough, you've asked me to explain my view and I have, I also ask you to accept that, even if you disagree, I truly believe Yaya is and always was a lot more important to this club and that my entire post history from late 2010 or early 2011 onwards will bear that out.

I would agree that Yaya is more important to the club right now than Tevez was. In many respects I agree with Garry Cook's comments that even away from the playing side of things, signing Toure was the real coup which helped bring in other players and also marked us out as serious players in the global game. But yeah from a footballing perspective Toure is and has been a talismanic figure for us and crucial to everything we've won.

For me though anyone who handles their business in the way in which Toure has had Seluk handle his should be fucked off out of the club sooner rather than later no matter how good they. For me the comments regarding money, the Sheikhs, Txiki sweeping the streets of London, the mocking of the potential signing of Fernando ... a line was crossed with all that.

BillyShears said:
Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
Not trying to start a fight but i'm curious as to why you seem to be viewing this differently from Tevez's indiscretions at the club. Unless i'm mistaken I'm pretty sure you said Tevez had to go.
I wanted him gone, yes. Which is not the same as saying he had to go though. His crimes were considerably worse in that he actually fucked off to Argentina and missed most of a season. I'd call that a very serious breach of contract and City almost certainly could have terminated it if we chose to. Whereas Yaya has simply said he feels unappreciated. The magnitude of the offences are substantially different. Secondly, the importance of Tevez and Yaya are in different galaxies. Yaya has been hugely important for this club, and has been the key player in more of the biggest moments than anybody. Whereas Tevez returning, last season, as I predicted - in contrast to many, didn't help our cause at all, whereas Yaya having a cracker of a season this season aided us no end.

I am not saying I disagree, but what message does that send out?

If you are 1 year into a 4 year contract and you fancy a move, all you have to do is slag off the club and its owners and away you go? It sets a very bad precedent don't you think?

Surely the minimum a player must do is hand in a transfer request and thereby forfeit whatever bonuses may have been applicable?

Think we should sell him and sign a replacement. Nobody is bigger than the club and we had a similar episode to this last season.

BillyShears said:
For me though anyone who handles their business in the way in which Toure has had Seluk handle his should be fucked off out of the club sooner rather than later no matter how good they. For me the comments regarding money, the Sheikhs, Txiki sweeping the streets of London, the mocking of the potential signing of Fernando ... a line was crossed with all that.
Suffice to say I disagree. Just as I disagreed that style is more important than winning things.

As an aside, is it beyond the wit of man to have a "no slagging off" clause in a players' contract, binding them and anyone acting for them from spouting shit in the media? Surely that would be an easy clause to put into contracts for anyone joining the club. All of this mess could have been avoided if we had that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.