Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya. The Ultimate Monster

For god sake, Yaya is a Muslim!! He cannot celebrate birthdays and is not allowed to! Either his twitter has been hacked or it's his agent talking shit.

alfabianchi said:
He doesn't even look at the cake.

*cringe*

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484049</a>

I noticed that too. Makes you wonder if he was already miffed at that stage. If true, it's pathetic.

It does seem to me that between the first two tweets and the second two, he's had some kind of interception from his agent.

That 22 minute gap, must've been a phone call.

Claytop said:
IF the latest tweets are from Yaya himself then I think he's done major damage here and shouldn't play for us again.

hahaha seriously?

How to lose friends and alienate people - an ambiguous tweet at best. Paid an absolute fortune, loved by the fans, says he's happy etc - and now this; puzzling to say the least.

this from Russian Izvestia paper yesterday. Seluk talking about the Best Player award.

Suarez is a brilliant footballer, I do know him in person. His outstanding skill is not to doubt. But let's get real - Toure was the best player in the Premier League last season. It doesn't really matter here that I'm his spokesman, the facts do speak for him.

Look, of 31 goals in the PL this season Suarez scored 10 agains Norwich and Cardiff which were both relegated in the end of season. Luis hadn't scored against teams that ended up qualifying for the Champions League. At the same time Yaya scored 20 and won the Premiership medal, all this while being a midfielder and having to contribute to team defense.

I'm speaking sheer facts. Jose Mourinho himself thought that the league's Best Player award has to go to someone on the winning team. Additionally, Yaya played in four competitions this season, including the CL, while Suarez competed only domestically.

Best Player of the Season award must go to the player who combines all the best qualities, crystal clear history included. I have a strong point here. The FA always used to have an adamant position on ethical matters. Everybody knows that Yaya is a model professional, while Suarez does have unpleasant spots on his background. Racism story involving Evra, biting Ivanovic just to name a few. Does Yaya have to rip a toe off John Terry to be named next season's best player then?

I can't say what is the current price tag on Yaya, bearing in mind that City aren't planning to sell him, but there were several clubs inquiring about him.

Yaya has always rated team success over personal accomplishments. But I have to admit that he was somewhat disappointed to know that he hadn't been voted Best Player. He was clearly better that anyone in England that past season.

I don't know what the club's position on the matter is. When City won the league and was flying to UAE, it was Yaya's birthday the same day. Unfortunately, club forgot to congratulate him on the matter. While Suleiman Kerimov gifted Roberto Carlos a Bugatti, City's bosses didn't even give Yaya a ball pen.

Liverpool surrounded Suarez with immense attention last season. Yaya didn't have the same kind of support from his club though.

Already one of the most ridiculous sagas ever in football.

Only City...

This Russian agent is the same fella who 2 years ago after the previous league title decided to start spinning shit about there being no photos of Yaya on the outside of the stadium and he was really upset!

If I remember correctly it was all about the money then as it is now. Anyone who thinks different is mad. He has watched Rooney clinch £300,000 a week and now seen Messi get more. Both those players have achieved that in seasons of failure. Yaya has had success and has scored 20+ goals from midfield.

The long and the short of it is he wants more dough and as usual his agent has been told to leak rumours. Sad thing is, contract or no contract, we either pay it or he becomes a bad apple.

Sad but true.

My opinion, sit him down, discuss what he wants, pay the man and keep it quiet.

That's if we want to keep him of course. After all we have another ACN this year and he ain't getting younger. Maybe we should sell him and demand £100m+. Good or not I am not sure with age and wage many would go near him at that price and running cost.

Stick or Twist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.