Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya. The Ultimate Monster

Lancet Fluke said:
itisrising said:
Do you guys actually believe we'd cash in?!

No way would we ever sell him IMO. Yes, we could fetch some money for him but how much really? A player that is on a huge wage, is 31 and WANTS to leave. I doubt we'd get more than £25-30M for him TBH.

I think this is more of an issue about principle. We are a top side and top sides don't sell their best players. If Yaya throws a hissy-fit and leaves, what does that mean for Kun, Dave or Komps? Could they just throw a hissy-fit and leave too? No player is bigger than a club but we are still early in our development and we don't want to give a negative message to the rest of the lads in the dressing-room.

I think keeping an unhappy Yaya would be a nightmare and probably not an option tbh.

I get your point but I think it depends on the player really. Some players knuckle down because they know its the club that pays their wages and they owe it to the fans regardless if they're happy or not and I'd hope he'd be the same. Keeping Yaya would send a strong message to the rest of the players in our side and their agents. 'We pay your wages and you will stay until we say you can go.' I fear if Yaya leaves, it may lead to an exodus for our top players and that would be terrible considering FFP!

inbetween said:
For god sake, Yaya is a Muslim!! He cannot celebrate birthdays and is not allowed to! Either his twitter has been hacked or it's his agent talking shit.

Not true. They are not supposed to but some do like my friend and his family. Like with all religions I suppose it depends how devout you are. His agent wouldn't have even mentioned it if it wasn't an issue and the club wouldn't have given him a card, cake and champagne in the first place if they thought it would offend!

Very very odd. I would imagine none of these tweets are actually from yaya himself. The first two are probably a direct response from yaya put into words by someone employed to manage his account. The second set are an order from his agent trying to save himself some face. I dont imagine city will be terribly pleased... Yaya's twitter account has always struck me as being a bit off anyway, the english used (for the most part) is much better than his spoken english. There is some explaining to be done.

Get him a belated Bugatti if it means we get another season out of him. He's a fantastic player; but if this "brithday" hissy fit is true, respect for him as a man has gone.

dekabreak said:
Claytop said:
IF the latest tweets are from Yaya himself then I think he's done major damage here and shouldn't play for us again.

hahaha seriously?

I'm not sure what you think is funny about Claytop's comments. I think it is entirely feasible that if those tweets are by Yaya then his position at the club will become immediately untenable.

LoveCity said:
Already one of the most ridiculous sagas ever in football.

Only City...
id rest on the fact that mullock said his agent has no sway at the club anymore.. i'd imagine this is being sorted behind the scenes quickly as its embarrassing really..

dekabreak said:
Claytop said:
IF the latest tweets are from Yaya himself then I think he's done major damage here and shouldn't play for us again.

hahaha seriously?

You think the owners would be happy with him agreeing with quotes that pretty much slag them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.