Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Sport.es was seeing a drop in site traffic and site ranking, cheeky bastards lol.
I bet it was the editor who ordered some poor sap to get a hit grabbing article up.

Yaya should not be sold, or swapped, under any circumstances. There's not another midfielder in the world who can offer the same number of goals and provide us with the creativity too. He's someone we have to build the team around, he's got plenty more years in him, he'll adapt with age and I could think of nothing more satisfying than Yaya signing a new, long-term contract and seeing him end his career at the club.

Joburg Hero said:
Yaya should not be sold, or swapped, under any circumstances. There's not another midfielder in the world who can offer the same number of goals and provide us with the creativity too. He's someone we have to build the team around, he's got plenty more years in him, he'll adapt with age and I could think of nothing more satisfying than Yaya signing a new, long-term contract and seeing him end his career at the club.

Not sure if serious.

sam-caddick said:
pudge & rodge said:
Are all these "straight swap" proposals serious?

I think Yaya is going to be an exception.

He is probably one of very few players in his thirties who could demand a 30m+ price tag, but do you see any club wanting to pay that for someone of his age?

If he desperately wants out then we have to let him go because we run the risk of him not wanting to play for the team because his heart isn't in it, for that to happen the most likely scenario would be a player + cash deal or a straight swap.

I would be all over swapping him with Sanchez but that leaves us having to go and fund a likely big move for someone such as Vidal or Pogba and considering we a 50m cap on spending and the fact we need a central defender we could find ourselves in a difficult position.

We have signed Fernando for 12 million
Lets put Zuculini at 1.5 million although I am not sure if we have to count transfer expenditure on those player that are not listed for CL

Lets see what we can get from sales:
Rodwell: 6-8 million
Garcia: 8-10 million
Richards: 8-10 million
Sinclair: 2.5-3 million
Guidetti: 2.5-4 million
Negredo: 20-25 million
Barry: 2.5 million

That comes out at 49.5-62.5 million. Assume it to be 45 million in worst case.

We can also spend 35.5 million from our leftover restrictions.

Total: 80 million

Straight swap for Yaya at worst case -> we get Sanchez
Keeper -> Willy -> 8 million
Defender -> 30 million
Still left about 42 million for a CM. I think it could potentially be more as there were a couple of rumours that we are setting our sites on a cheaper defensive option

Joburg Hero said:
That's all well and good, but if he wants to get away from here, all he has to do is give less than 100% effort and to moan his cotton socks off with a bad atmosphere being generated behind the scenes, and to let Agent Borat do the rest by talking about a lack of respect towards Yaya as his brother lay dying. He will be sold off pretty quickly if this festering is not killed off.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
mastermind said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Adam Crafton ‏@AdamCrafton_ 2m
Yaya Toure has not requested a transfer at Manchester City #mcfc

Shame it's the mail though !

Why would he want to lose his loyalty bonus ?

Is Crafton reliable?
Don't trust him, heard he's a crafton ****.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.