Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

mastermind said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
mastermind said:
Barkley would cost £30-£40 million in cash. A swap deal would not be an option because a) we can't give Yaya to another premier league club and b) Yaya wouldn't want to join Everton.

Direct swap with Pogba or Vidal + cash would be the best thing to do .

If we make Yaya stay, he will cause problems in the dressing room, then he'll buy out his contract next season, it'll cost him £20 million, which he'll get back from PSG in the form of a sign on bonus.

Yeah, bit would Yaya go there? It seems he is set on forcing a move to PSG. Will be very interesting to see how this all Pam's out. I agree that he will cause problems if he doesn't leave.

I don't see why not. It's a decent club. And Seria A is not so intense, he'll like that.

Well, the fact that black players in Italy routinely deal with just unspeakable racist garbage springs to mind immediately.

But past that, why in the hell would Juve want to make that move? Pogba is 21 years old and under contract till end of June 2016. His market value has got to be at least 40 mil. We would be lucky to get 25 for Yaya - and that is assuming he hadn't blown the living fuck out of whatever leverage we would have in negotiating with other clubs.

Vidal is 27 but he is under contract for a year beyond Pogba.

But past all that, Juve doesn't have to sell anyone they don't want to. That's about the only Italian club with a decent ground and good finances. (Well at least decent finances by comparison to others - their annual losses are down about 80% since 2010.)

mastermind said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
This whole thing has me bamboozled. After a title winning season he is pulling all this? Where else is there for him to go? Why the fuck would he want to play in Ligue 1? He could be a lazy bastard after all, only looking to play big CL games. It's the only reason I can think of. Surely he isn't so greedy he would need more money than he is already being paid? We will be a much lesser team without him, that's for sure. The only player I can see replacing him is Vidal. If not him, I would go for Barkley, as we could play him in front of Fernando and Ferna.

Edit: Pogba as well, although I can't see us getting him anyway. I think he and Barkley are quite similar, and Barkley may be cheaper as he is under the radar a bit. Probably won't be next year, and his price will rocket to the silly 50mill bracket. Which is preposterous.

Barkley would cost £30-£40 million in cash. A swap deal would not be an option because a) we can't give Yaya to another premier league club and b) Yaya wouldn't want to join Everton.

Direct swap with Pogba or Vidal + cash would be the best thing to do .

If we make Yaya stay, he will cause problems in the dressing room, then he'll buy out his contract next season, it'll cost him £20 million, which he'll get back from PSG in the form of a sign on bonus.

Juventus simply cannot afford Yaya's wages

Like I said earlier, I don't see any team, even PSG, paying £30mil plus for a 31 year old, because that is what I see us demanding for him.

I only see a player plus cash deal or a straight swap happening, PSG may include Matuidi in a player plus cash deal but for me I would rather have Fernandinho in Yaya's position, and they wouldn't swap Verrati because he is one of the best young central midfielders in the game, he is their future.

I see Barca offering us Sanchez in a swap but then that leaves us with whatever is left out of the 50m cap to spend on a replacement, considering we need a defender as well we could be in a bit of a struggle, Vidal would be my choice but he is going to cost £40-£50m.

sam-caddick said:
Like I said earlier, I don't see any team, even PSG, paying £30mil plus for a 31 year old, because that is what I see us demanding for him.

I only see a player plus cash deal or a straight swap happening, PSG may include Matuidi in a player plus cash deal but for me I would rather have Fernandinho in Yaya's position, and they wouldn't swap Verrati because he is one of the best young central midfielders in the game, he is their future.

I see Barca offering us Sanchez in a swap but then that leaves us with whatever is left out of the 50m cap to spend on a replacement, considering we need a defender as well we could be in a bit of a struggle, Vidal would be my choice but he is going to cost £40-£50m.

That's another attacking option, which would likely mean that one of our attacker will be moved on. Most likely Negredo. Add that to the money we get from the sale of deadwood, we should have a decent budget

sssonic said:
Did anyone consider that Yaya might be in mourning?
Something doesn't seem right and it probably will have a great chunk to do with his brother's passing. I'd hate to see Yaya leave this way, but I think the club is probably trying to wait this one out a bit since Yaya doesn't seem to be "normal" presently. It's completely understandable, but it also calls into question who's speaking to him at the side. Fernando and talk of more signings (that Argentinean boy), including Fernandinho playing more box-to-box seems to show that the club is keeping close tabs and having some backup plans too.

Was he in mourning last year too?

sam-caddick said:

Everything is interconnected though mate. If we swap Yaya for Sanchez, then Navas could be expendable? Sanchez's arrival could mean a switch to one striker, so Negredo becomes expendable, especially when you consider that Jovetic will be like having a new player. Lots of room for making new signings if we are prepared to move some players on. If we sell Yaya, Negredo, Navas and Nastasic we could end up with:

---------------------------Har/Cab-----------------------------

Zab/Sag----------Kom/Dem----------Man/Ast-----------Kol/Cli

-------------------Fer/Gar----------Fer/Rod--------------------

-----Mil/San----------------Jov/Vid--------------Nas/Sil-------

--------------------------Agu/Dze--------------------------

Just an example of what would be possible.

sir baconface said:
Someone said he was wearing a jester's hat on the trip to the Middle East. Is that actually true?
yes mate check out the video of the dubai trip on the offical site .he checks in for the flight wearing a blue and white jesters hat that i guess he had from the parade.i wish somebody would post a link up as to me its important that it proves he dosnt look as if hes been forced to do anything and has no problem leaving his brother .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.