Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

de niro said:
I can't believe how many "blues" will accept a players behaviour regardless how much he harms the club just because he can play a bit. Is glory that important ffs. At best its rag like,at worst its dipper behaviour.

Yaya>Suarez.

You should be banned for even putting yaya and suarez in the same sentence.

Your behaviour in this thread has been pathetic at best and a decent moderator would ban you if you bothered to read some of the trash you have spieled.

Suarez is a vampire , yaya is just a bit clumsy on occasion when talking to the press.

Ricster said:
M18CTID said:
de niro said:
I can't believe how many "blues" will accept a players behaviour regardless how much he harms the club just because he can play a bit. Is glory that important ffs. At best its rag like,at worst its dipper behaviour.

Yaya>Suarez.

Bill, that behaviour you speak of reminds me of you wanting Tevez back in the fold a couple of years ago to help us in the title run-in, despite all the shit he stirred up ;)

Time of the season needs to be taken into account though and the position the club was in then and the position it is in now.

We needed Tevez for that run in. His effort and terrier like work rate was what we needed. It gave everyone a lift.
The start of the season though? As long as Yaya is replaced with quality, then if don't see him leaving making as big an impact as Tevez coming back did.

That's completely irrelevant to the point I was trying to make - I was merely referring to the hypocrisy in Bill's post

gio's side step said:
de niro said:

Yaya>Suarez.

With all due respect you're starting to sound rather old and naive. Romanticise all you want about the days of local loyal heroes but modern football facilitates these sorts of ambiguous issues and discourses of 'betrayal', 'mercenary like behaviour'.

1. I can't believe people are still debating this and calling for him to be sold. He AINT going to be sold this summer. End of. Move on.

2. This whole fiasco is fuelled by an extremely vague ambiguous cocktail mix of agent quotations, Toure's social media 'devoid of context' usage, and a range of media reports merely designed to sell newspapers many of which are part of an increasingly lazy postmodern industry which calls itself journalism which merely recycles stories to satisfy 24/7 news culture in the digital age.

3. Are you really some moral custodian of football fandom maintaining that when Toure stays and scores a winning goal in a big game next season I.e. the Derby or CL 1/4 final you're going to protest and refuse to celebrate or acknowledge his talent? Of course not. Because you're a "blue" and support City. And if that means celebrating players you don't like who contribute to the overall continued success of the club. Because if you celebrate City winning and Toure plays a key role you are paradoxically accepting him whether you like it or not.

Well put but bit over deniro's brain space I am afraid.

I thought he was WUMMING it for a second but he is in a soundbite frenzy in regards to yaya.

Comparing him to Suarez means he has less than zero credibility on any matter relating to yaya and his agent and he knows it.

Soon de niro will be fighting a lone hand and even his few remaining supporters will desert him.

He won't acknowledge it on this forum though , his ego won't allow it.

For me his silence is deafening.

This issue (like this thread) has gone on too long. He could come out and in his own words end all this today.

The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes. He has been one of the best and most influencial players I have seen in a City shirt for over 40 years, but for me this summer has tarnished his legacy.

If he wants to go, then let him go - thanks for the contribution and all the best for the future.

If he wants to stay, great, but he has a lot of work to do to win back a lot of fans, which needs to be done on the pitch, and not on twatter or through his agent.

Either way, I hope he explains all very soon, so we can move on either way.

TonyM said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
TonyM said:
Are you saying that Ealing's mind turned last year?

If his mind is warped it's been so for a long team. He has graced mcfc forums for 10 or 15 years as far as I remember and been as level headed, pleasant and intelligent as ever throughout.

What paradigm shift?
The one where City fans now consider Liverpool fans to be more insufferable than united ones, perhaps?
Oh I get you. Sorry for misunderstanding. At least it gave me a chance to write something nice about my friend Ealing :-)
Why thank you sir!

As an incredibly stubbornly optimistic blue who even believed in defending Dabo and that things would come good under Pearce the only paradigm shift is that the future I believed in is now real!

The hate on Yaya dumbfounds me as he has not done 10% of what tevez and Barton has done negatively and he has done 10x more positively so I think I will wait and see what he , the club and the manager think before I hate on him.

I also don't seek to judge a man who grew up in very different shoes to mine, who dealt with the pressure of the league run in & World Cup build up as the main man in both whilst dealing with a death of a close one which I have seen screw up people both friends and colleagues in every day life. He may well be a bit of an arse , he may well be greedy , he may well be lazy (I meet dozens of who this is true every day) or he may just be emotionally drained, upset, put of tough and poorly advised - or most likely a bit of both.

But some of the hysterical nonsense on here is the stuff of James I witch trials or reds under the beds hysteria and really lacing in empathy, stoicism; perspective, humour or even any rational desire to protect the interests of City and that is strange.

Seems to me there is driven by rags like the Daily Mail this almost hysterical mentality to try and draw extreme views out on everything and that sober rational considered thought is now a dangerous and radical sin! Why let the facts get in the way of emotions?

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
Suggest anyone who wants rid of Yaya watches the season review DVD because we would have been fooked without him

I cannot understand any city fan who hates Yaya let alone has a hatred for him that outweighs their desire for city to win!

Tevez he is not and never will be

M18CTID said:
Ricster said:
M18CTID said:
Bill, that behaviour you speak of reminds me of you wanting Tevez back in the fold a couple of years ago to help us in the title run-in, despite all the shit he stirred up ;)

Time of the season needs to be taken into account though and the position the club was in then and the position it is in now.

We needed Tevez for that run in. His effort and terrier like work rate was what we needed. It gave everyone a lift.
The start of the season though? As long as Yaya is replaced with quality, then if don't see him leaving making as big an impact as Tevez coming back did.

That's completely irrelevant to the point I was trying to make - I was merely referring to the hypocrisy in Bill's post

Tevez at the end of that season was a myth, a great game against Norwich in the other games his substitution made as positive an impact as his start! He nearly cost us more than the league that year and for some reason I will never understand he is credited with an almost god like influence on the season. I remember a team that would've won the league in march but for tevez's behaviour and a few injuries!

His only " crime " as I see it to date is to state that he would be flattered if the likes of PSG or Barca ( again ) came a calling and I am not even sure he was quoted exactly on those instances as well.

As for his agent of course he would want him to be shopped around in the media especially since he is the wrong side of 30 , has three years a bit left on his current contract and was voted African player of the year yet again.

He would no doubt take a decent slice of any monies being exchanged between City and whichever club could afford our transfer fee for him and his wages and very few sides could at least ones where he would want to play for.

The cake and the situation with his brother are pure smoke screens for a player who may want one last challenge and an agent happy to accommodate that.

I stress may because while I don't think it would be a huge stumbling block to him leaving while his brother is based a few miles away and if anything the death of their brother will bring them closer to each other in ways that maybe they wouldn't have otherwise.

M18CTID said:
de niro said:

Yaya>Suarez.

tevez had a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.