Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

TCIB said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
I've said it before in this thread. We have just had the World cup and we have all seen his potential replacements. Pogba, Vidal, Khedira, Kroos etc.

I could have lived with Cesc but he has gone to Chelsea. Barkley although not a direct replacement excites me and I could live with that as well.

Otherwise; the powers that be at City should just get down on their knees and beg him to stay.

The reality is their is nobody out there who comes anywhere near close to what this player does for City.

Never!

Come on Guy a clever bloke like you should know better.

Don't get so attached and don't let it get personal. The scenario should be this. Tixi get's on his knees and begs, Yaya stays, we win something next season - all the while running him into the ground and then we knob him off for what we can get for what's left of him.

ifiwasarichfan said:
TCIB said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
I've said it before in this thread. We have just had the World cup and we have all seen his potential replacements. Pogba, Vidal, Khedira, Kroos etc.

I could have lived with Cesc but he has gone to Chelsea. Barkley although not a direct replacement excites me and I could live with that as well.

Otherwise; the powers that be at City should just get down on their knees and beg him to stay.

The reality is their is nobody out there who comes anywhere near close to what this player does for City.

Never!

Come on Guy a clever bloke like you should no better.

Don't get so attached and don't let it get personal. The scenario should be this. Tixi get's on his knees and begs, Yaya stays, we win something next season - all the while running him into the ground and then we knob him off for what we can get for what's left of him.

Hehe you are right of course, it does sting a bit the idea though i must admit, that said i have had to have a business handshake with a man i would happily have beaten to death so i do understand your reasoning matey.

There is a genuine danger to that course of action though.
Where does it end?, what will other players think/do, how and would it damage our suits credibility?.

These are genuine concerns above the banter on here that i have.

Personally i doubt we would, Txiki is not a fool and does not react lightly to being treated as one.
He will feel a personal prang of offense i think and will not aquiesce to Toure's whims.

A good argument but I have just commented on the Tony Kroos thread.

The potential replacements - Kroos, Vidal, Pogba, etc just aren't in the same League as the man we have.

The statement that no player is bigger than the club no longer applies. We do with Yaya what Arsenal did with Cesc and RVP, Scum did with Tranny and the Mickeys did with the Donkey toothed racist.

The term is bribery.

Personally, the reason as to why I cling on the idea of him staying purely for his contribution is because of a likelier chance of a back to back title if he were to stay.

Then I wouldnt feel hard done if we didnt win the title for the year after as that would be when I expect us to reinforce some youth into the squad. But a title brace would be something

ifiwasarichfan said:

It seems you're missing a spine.

The tosser should be begging to stay here.

Ric said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Alternatively we could sit tight, knowing he has 3 years on his contract, and see if his agent can find a buyer willing to pay his market value (circa £30m I would think) and match his wage.

On a serious note though, I think player, club, and fans would like closure on this sooner rather than later. I'm becoming apathetic to the whole situation now.

It could all blow over if he reports back for pre season on time and does his job. I don't think the club will try to bring matters to a head, it doesn't seem to be our style. But we've seen with Tevez, Balotelli and, some would say, Mancini that employees that cause problems for the club end up leaving the club when it suits the club.

FantasyIreland said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

It seems you're missing a spine.

The tosser should be begging to stay here.

correct, he should be (another lie but it'll work)saying "I'm sorry buy my head was messed over my brothers illness at the time but I'm fine now boss"

then we buy a replacement when it suits us. whenever that might be, I totally trust the club here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.