Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Daily Star *Exclusive*

EXCLUSIVE: Want-away Manchester City star Yaya Toure has turned down a move to Man Utd!

MANCHESTER CITY star Yaya Toure has snubbed a shock move to bitter-rivals Manchester United.

By Jeremy Cross/Published 17th July 2014

NO THANKS: Yaya Toure has turned down a move to Manchester United

Toure has fallen out with the Premier League champions and wants to leave the Etihad Stadium this summer.

United saw a chance to lure the Ivory Coast international across town to Old Trafford in what would have been a sensational transfer coup.

United bosses let it be known Toure was on their shopping list and were hopeful of pulling-off a £40m deal.

But Toure has told the fallen giants he has no interest in joining his neighbours at United because he is holding out for a move to Paris Saint-Germain instead.

The snub is a blow to new United boss Louis Van Gaal, who is keen to strengthen his flagging midfield.

But Starsport understands Toure, 31, wants to leave the Premier League altogether and is hoping PSG make an official approach.

Toure has spent most of the summer criticising City and their recent treatment of him.
“Toure has told the fallen giants he has no interest in joining his neighbours at United because he is holding out for a move to Paris Saint-Germain instead”

He threw his future into doubt at the end of last season when his agent Dimitri Seluk claimed the club didn't acknowledge his birthday in the correct way.

The bizarre outburst stunned club bosses when Seluk insisted Toure had been ignored by the Abu Dhabi owners when the squad visited them after landing the title.

Toure then slammed the club's lack of support in the wake of the tragic death of his brother Ibrahim from cancer last month at the age of just 28.

He claimed that bosses didn't let him leave a post-season training camp to spend time with his brother before he died.

City insist Toure didn't ask for compassionate leave and would have been granted some if he had done.

But the stand-off shows no signs of coming to an end and it is understood Pellegrini will hold face-to-face showdown talks with Toure at the start of the club's pre-season tour of America in the hope of persuading him to stay.

ped said:
if we get rid ,does he win ?I hope the club say,ya ya wind your neck in ,you have 3 years left on yourcontract,we "city" call the shots,get your head down,and we just may let you go next year after the club has had time to plan,just seems much more realistic,then the "get rid hes a c**t option"

You would think that doing what is best for the club would be the preferred option.

jrb said:
Daily Star *Exclusive*

EXCLUSIVE: Want-away Manchester City star Yaya Toure has turned down a move to Man Utd!

MANCHESTER CITY star Yaya Toure has snubbed a shock move to bitter-rivals Manchester United.

By Jeremy Cross/Published 17th July 2014

NO THANKS: Yaya Toure has turned down a move to Manchester United

Toure has fallen out with the Premier League champions and wants to leave the Etihad Stadium this summer.

United saw a chance to lure the Ivory Coast international across town to Old Trafford in what would have been a sensational transfer coup.

United bosses let it be known Toure was on their shopping list and were hopeful of pulling-off a £40m deal.

But Toure has told the fallen giants he has no interest in joining his neighbours at United because he is holding out for a move to Paris Saint-Germain instead.

The snub is a blow to new United boss Louis Van Gaal, who is keen to strengthen his flagging midfield.

But Starsport understands Toure, 31, wants to leave the Premier League altogether and is hoping PSG make an official approach.

Toure has spent most of the summer criticising City and their recent treatment of him.
“Toure has told the fallen giants he has no interest in joining his neighbours at United because he is holding out for a move to Paris Saint-Germain instead”

He threw his future into doubt at the end of last season when his agent Dimitri Seluk claimed the club didn't acknowledge his birthday in the correct way.

The bizarre outburst stunned club bosses when Seluk insisted Toure had been ignored by the Abu Dhabi owners when the squad visited them after landing the title.

Toure then slammed the club's lack of support in the wake of the tragic death of his brother Ibrahim from cancer last month at the age of just 28.

He claimed that bosses didn't let him leave a post-season training camp to spend time with his brother before he died.

City insist Toure didn't ask for compassionate leave and would have been granted some if he had done.

But the stand-off shows no signs of coming to an end and it is understood Pellegrini will hold face-to-face showdown talks with Toure at the start of the club's pre-season tour of America in the hope of persuading him to stay.
Daily Star. Seems legit.

I still despise the word snub, even when it's aimed at those front-bottoms.

There is no way on this planet we would consider selling him to the rags or any other premier league team.He goes abroad in a deal that suits us or he stays,end of.

paulchapo said:
There is no way on this planet we would consider selling him to the rags or any other premier league team.He goes abroad in a deal that suits us or he stays,end of.

Assuming for a moment the 1% chance that the Daily Star is telling the truth wouldn't you be tempted to sell him for £40m?
He's 31, unsettled and almost certainly peaked last season. £40m would fund a much younger replacement eg Barkley.
I'd be very, very tempted to sell him to a PL team, even the Rags, for £40m or abroad for £30m.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
paulchapo said:

Assuming for a moment the 1% chance that the Daily Star is telling the truth wouldn't you be tempted to sell him for £40m?
He's 31, unsettled and almost certainly peaked last season. £40m would fund a much younger replacement eg Barkley.
I'd be very, very tempted to sell him to a PL team, even the Rags, for £40m or abroad for £30m.

40 mil for a 31 year who won't have another season like he did last season to a team who has no central defence and arn't even in Europe, would sell but I can't see him going to a non champions league club.

I've said it before in this thread. We have just had the World cup and we have all seen his potential replacements. Pogba, Vidal, Khedira, Kroos etc.

I could have lived with Cesc but he has gone to Chelsea. Barkley although not a direct replacement excites me and I could live with that as well.

Otherwise; the powers that be at City should just get down on their knees and beg him to stay.

The reality is their is nobody out there who comes anywhere near close to what this player does for City.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I've said it before in this thread. We have just had the World cup and we have all seen his potential replacements. Pogba, Vidal, Khedira, Kroos etc.

I could have lived with Cesc but he has gone to Chelsea. Barkley although not a direct replacement excites me and I could live with that as well.

Otherwise; the powers that be at City should just get down on their knees and beg him to stay.

The reality is their is nobody out there who comes anywhere near close to what this player does for City.

Never!

ifiwasarichfan said:

Alternatively we could sit tight, knowing he has 3 years on his contract, and see if his agent can find a buyer willing to pay his market value (circa £30m I would think) and match his wage.

On a serious note though, I think player, club, and fans would like closure on this sooner rather than later. I'm becoming apathetic to the whole situation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.