Yaya Toure [Merged]

Yaya Toure set to complete £25m switch from Barcelona to Manchester City
By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 12:01 PM on 15th June 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories City slicker: Toure is focused on the World Cup but he is set to arrive at Eastlands after the tournament
Manchester City are reportedly on the brink of sealing the £25million signing of Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure.
The Ivory Coast international admits he wants to move to the Barclays Premier League and outgoing Barca president Joan Laporta has confirmed that negotiations for his departure are at an advanced stage.

Arsenal and Chelsea are also interested in the 27-year-old, but sports paper El Mundo Deportivo say City will be the ones who clinch a deal and reunite the former Monaco man with his brother Kolo at Eastlands.

Laporta has briefed his successor Sandro Rosell on where the club are at with negotiations to sell Toure and buy Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas.

Before meeting Rosell, who takes over formally on July 1, he said: 'I'll talk to him president to president to update him on some issues, as in the case of transfers and signings.

'Selling Toure is very advanced and I will also inform him of how the negotiations are for Cesc Fabregas. The player (Fabregas) wants to come, Pep Guardiola and Txiki Begiristain hope that the deal is made and I suppose that Rosell will have the same determination.'

For his part, Toure has reaffirmed his desire to play in the Barclays Premier League.

Speaking ahead of the Ivory Coast's World Cup opener against Portugal, he said: 'I want to go to play in the Premier League because it is a very nice competition and I love that.

Homeward bound? Barca remain determined to take Fabregas back to Catalonia
'Every time when I hear a Premier League game is on I go home to watch it. After the World Cup I will decide what I want to do but for now I want to focus on the World Cup and Ivory Coast.'

Meanwhile, Arsenal may have insisted Fabregas was not for sale when they rejected a £29m bid from Barcelona on June 1, but Laporta insists his club will not drop their interest.
'The negotiation is now on standby - calm but tense,' he said. 'The sooner everything is unlocked the better, but you must understand that we as the buying club want to pay as little as possible and Arsenal, as the sellers, want to collect from us as much money as possible.'

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1286746/Yaya-Toure-set-complete-25m-switch-Barcelona-Manchester-City.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0qvDD9ZjW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0qvDD9ZjW</a>

The Fixer said:
Yaya Toure set to complete £25m switch from Barcelona to Manchester City
By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 12:01 PM on 15th June 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories City slicker: Toure is focused on the World Cup but he is set to arrive at Eastlands after the tournament
Manchester City are reportedly on the brink of sealing the £25million signing of Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure.
The Ivory Coast international admits he wants to move to the Barclays Premier League and outgoing Barca president Joan Laporta has confirmed that negotiations for his departure are at an advanced stage.

Arsenal and Chelsea are also interested in the 27-year-old, but sports paper El Mundo Deportivo say City will be the ones who clinch a deal and reunite the former Monaco man with his brother Kolo at Eastlands.

Laporta has briefed his successor Sandro Rosell on where the club are at with negotiations to sell Toure and buy Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas.

Before meeting Rosell, who takes over formally on July 1, he said: 'I'll talk to him president to president to update him on some issues, as in the case of transfers and signings.

'Selling Toure is very advanced and I will also inform him of how the negotiations are for Cesc Fabregas. The player (Fabregas) wants to come, Pep Guardiola and Txiki Begiristain hope that the deal is made and I suppose that Rosell will have the same determination.'

For his part, Toure has reaffirmed his desire to play in the Barclays Premier League.

Speaking ahead of the Ivory Coast's World Cup opener against Portugal, he said: 'I want to go to play in the Premier League because it is a very nice competition and I love that.

Homeward bound? Barca remain determined to take Fabregas back to Catalonia
'Every time when I hear a Premier League game is on I go home to watch it. After the World Cup I will decide what I want to do but for now I want to focus on the World Cup and Ivory Coast.'

Meanwhile, Arsenal may have insisted Fabregas was not for sale when they rejected a £29m bid from Barcelona on June 1, but Laporta insists his club will not drop their interest.
'The negotiation is now on standby - calm but tense,' he said. 'The sooner everything is unlocked the better, but you must understand that we as the buying club want to pay as little as possible and Arsenal, as the sellers, want to collect from us as much money as possible.'

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1286746/Yaya-Toure-set-complete-25m-switch-Barcelona-Manchester-City.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0qvDD9ZjW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0qvDD9ZjW</a>

25m ? see now thats a decent price for a decent player

Whenever i've seen him play he's played defensively but maybe he is attack minded.

I can't really call it, I remember when Barry was at Villa, he used to be more attack minded and that sort of changed when he started to play for England.

This will be a phenomenal signing if it comes off - a real game changer.

As another poster said, get Robbie back and we could have Johnson, De Jong/Barry, Yaya, Robinho as our first choice midfield. Can't think of many (any?) I would consider better than that in the Premiership. If we can get Robinho firing we don't need Silva - we already have the better player on the books.

Dani Alves behind, new striker up front with Tevez/Ade. Possibly a centre half (Luiz?) Excited already.

We seem to be trying to build a team here, not just sign random, expensive players - next season could be a very memorable season if the plan comes together!

If we can sign Yaya and Alves then I think a few eyes will be opened as to what could happen at City over the next few years.

Just air \ glimmer of caution here lads,his fookin agent will probably come out and say hes of to blackpool tomoz,,,,,well no but you know what i mean,,lol

SalfordCityBlue said:
This will be a phenomenal signing if it comes off - a real game changer.

As another poster said, get Robbie back and we could have Johnson, De Jong/Barry, Yaya, Robinho as our first choice midfield. Can't think of many (any?) I would consider better than that in the Premiership. If we can get Robinho firing we don't need Silva - we already have the better player on the books.

Dani Alves behind, new striker up front with Tevez/Ade. Possibly a centre half (Luiz?) Excited already.

We seem to be trying to build a team here, not just sign random, expensive players - next season could be a very memorable season if the plan comes together!

If we can sign Yaya and Alves then I think a few eyes will be opened as to what could happen at City over the next few years.

I have been saying for a while i think with the wingers given a somewhat free role to drift inside providing the creativity in a front 4 (Wingers + Strikers) would work well. Add that to Barry and Yaya infront of a solid back 4 with them also providing bursts of creativity going forward then i think we look very solid at the back with lots of goals in us.

______ Yaya ______ Barry ______

<- Johnson -> ________ <- Silva ->

_____ Tevez ____ Adebayor ____

schumey04 said:
Why can i not get excited about this signing???

You should be mate. He is top class and is exactly what our team is lacking. For those of you saying "why do we need another defensive Mid" obviously know nothing about Yaya. It's like saying Essien or Gerrard are just DM. Yaya is the box to box player we have been crying out for. He will be the second world class player after Tevez at City. Now lets get another 4 (RB, LB, WNG, ST) and we will be frightning.

BlakeTheBlue said:
schumey04 said:
Why can i not get excited about this signing???

You should be mate. He is top class and is exactly what our team is lacking. For those of you saying "why do we need another defensive Mid" obviously know nothing about Yaya. It's like saying Essien or Gerrard are just DM. Yaya is the box to box player we have been crying out for. He will be the second world class player after Tevez at City. Now lets get another 4 (RB, LB, WNG, ST) and we will be frightning.

I think we have 2 world class players,tevez and adebayor and i do agree yaya is fuckin top quality real coo if we get him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.