Yaya Toure [Merged]

fatbloke said:
I definitely think the intention is to play 4-3-1-2 next season, he tried it last season for a few games but we didn’t have the players to play it effectively. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me to see Milner, Toure and Barry pulling the strings in midfield with Tevez floating just behind Adebayor and Ibrahimovic.

-------------Hart/Given

Boateng – Kompany – Lescott - Bridge/?

---------Milner – Toure – Barry

-----------------Tevez
---------Adebayor - Ibrahimovic
It woud only work if we had better full backs than Boateng and Bridge. Boateng is a centre back and Bridge is not good enough to be the sole source of width on the left hand side. We need our own versions of Maicon/Dani Alves and Cole/Evra. If we had full-backs like those, rather than Bridge and Boateng, the team you have suggested would be immense. Without quality attacking full-backs, the team you've mentioned would be shit.

Tricky_Trev said:
fatbloke said:
I definitely think the intention is to play 4-3-1-2 next season, he tried it last season for a few games but we didn’t have the players to play it effectively. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me to see Milner, Toure and Barry pulling the strings in midfield with Tevez floating just behind Adebayor and Ibrahimovic.

-------------Hart/Given

Boateng – Kompany – Lescott - Bridge/?

---------Milner – Toure – Barry

-----------------Tevez
---------Adebayor - Ibrahimovic
It woud only work if we had better full backs than Boateng and Bridge. Boateng is a centre back and Bridge is not good enough to be the sole source of width on the left hand side. We need our own versions of Maicon/Dani Alves and Cole/Evra. If we had full-backs like those, rather than Bridge and Boateng, the team you have suggested would be immense. Without quality attacking full-backs, the team you've mentioned would be shit.
agreed!!! the basis and set up of that team is superb!!!!! just the fullback areas are lacking though and agree if we could get alves and a world class left back then thats a title challenging team i reckon!!

De Jong is awful all round and couldnt be compared to Yaya..Nige is a phenomenal tackler,thats it.I'd personally rather have Palacious,who at least picks a pass after the tackle...Yaya is going to change us the way Essien changed Chelski.

Kinky by name said:
Is that based on who he thinks we'll sign, KBN?

I dunno but I've just been speaking to one of our reporters in S Africa and he's interviewed him yesterday... very upbeat. BTW YaYa's people = radio rental.

Sounds encouraging. The first bit, I mean!

De Jong is a very good player problem is he does most of the heavy lifting on his own in that city side.

Thought Barry was average to poor for large spells last season surely its his automatic place that is at risk ?

I can see the Yaya deal happening as it seems that like his brother he is happy to put money infront of champions league football and playing for one of the biggest sides in europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.