Yaya Toure [Merged]

malg said:
Don't care about the money, who Barca will spend it on, or how many clubs are affected by it. The man will vastly improve us, so I'm off to get YaYa on my shirt.

Can someone tell me if both 'Y's are upper case, as I don't want to look a cnut.

It's actually "Yoyo".

That link above eventually led me to a site that has Barcelona's transfer dealings since the 70's.
I had a look at just the last 10 years, they are -308m on their transfers in/out in that period, how does that tie in with this 'peoples club' and 'more than a club' stuff ?

bluemoon32 said:
That link above eventually led me to a site that has Barcelona's transfer dealings since the 70's.
I had a look at just the last 10 years, they are -308m on their transfers in/out in that period, how does that tie in with this 'peoples club' and 'more than a club' stuff ?

'more than a club' is because they're a symbol of Catalan identity - doesn't really have anything to do with whether they spend 700 billion or don't spend a penny.

not sure about 'the people's club' but probably along similar lines, the club of a (once) oppressed people.

sam221985 said:
bluemoon32 said:

'more than a club' is because they're a symbol of Catalan identity - doesn't really have anything to do with whether they spend 700 billion or don't spend a penny.

not sure about 'the people's club' but probably along similar lines, the club of a (once) oppressed people.

True enough but they don't half push the image of a club that doesn't spend money like other clubs and just uses the youth system, they really aren't any different to the other top clubs who have 'bought' success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.