Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

Re: Yaya's agent says he is ready to quit...

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Roberto Mancini can f*** off: he's had two full seasons here and only won the league once. He's f*** all use in the CL. Sorriano and Begiristain can both f*** off: they've been here since summer and Ronaldo and Messi are still in Spain! Why else did City want them in the first place? David Silva can f*** off: he was rubbish against Everton. His head's been turned by Barcelona. Aguero can f*** off : he's a £38 million sick note this season! And now Ya Ya Toure can f*** off because the man who isn't even a FIFA registered agent waits until he's out of the country and makes up a pack of lies about him wanting to leave because of a "lack of respect". He can still f*** off because he hasn't been as good this year as last. He's bone idle anyway.

All of these sentiments have been expressed on this forum recently. Some are expressed with all the predictable regularity of a group of serial malcontents. Others are the spoilt baby remarks which follow each defeat. They all have in common a seething bitterness aimed at those people who are actually the backbone of our club and it's success. Only Sheikh Mansour is immune from criticism. But give it time...if we don't win the CL next season.

I have a long "City memory". My teens were spent watching the great Mercer-Allison team, which finished top of the league in 1968...and then finished 13th, 10th, 11th and 4th (5 points clear - 2 for a win - 5 left to play!) before the Mercer-Allison partnership broke up, and then that was it, with the exception of the League cup in 1976, until 2011, with this manager and these players. There are no guarantees in football, apart from the guarantee that if you drive your best people out of the club, you'll never win anything. That's the lesson City fans should have learnt better than anyone.

Fantastic post.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Roberto Mancini can f*** off: he's had two full seasons here and only won the league once. He's f*** all use in the CL. Sorriano and Begiristain can both f*** off: they've been here since summer and Ronaldo and Messi are still in Spain! Why else did City want them in the first place? David Silva can f*** off: he was rubbish against Everton. His head's been turned by Barcelona. Aguero can f*** off : he's a £38 million sick note this season! And now Ya Ya Toure can f*** off because the man who isn't even a FIFA registered agent waits until he's out of the country and makes up a pack of lies about him wanting to leave because of a "lack of respect". He can still f*** off because he hasn't been as good this year as last. He's bone idle anyway.

All of these sentiments have been expressed on this forum recently. Some are expressed with all the predictable regularity of a group of serial malcontents. Others are the spoilt baby remarks which follow each defeat. They all have in common a seething bitterness aimed at those people who are actually the backbone of our club and it's success. Only Sheikh Mansour is immune from criticism. But give it time...if we don't win the CL next season.

I have a long "City memory". My teens were spent watching the great Mercer-Allison team, which finished top of the league in 1968...and then finished 13th, 10th, 11th and 4th (5 points clear - 2 for a win - 5 left to play!) before the Mercer-Allison partnership broke up, and then that was it, with the exception of the League cup in 1976, until 2011, with this manager and these players. There are no guarantees in football, apart from the guarantee that if you drive your best people out of the club, you'll never win anything. That's the lesson City fans should have learnt better than anyone.

Brilliant!
Post of the ManciniOut/In Season so far!

BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Too many "keyboard warriors" who don`t understand what us old `uns have put up with for decades,watching our beloved blues.
Our sense of humour was acknowledged by all and sundry, which kept our sanity going,when most would have packed in watching.
Kids hey ! Who`d have `em ??

A quality bit of tub thumping i agree,however,it doesnt address any of the issues that have plagued us this season.

FantasyIreland said:
A quality bit of tub thumping i agree,however,it doesnt address any of the issues that have plagued us this season.

They've all been addressed but ignored by the serial malcontents - this puts it into perspective

BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Nobody wants to drive the best people out of the club. Of course, Allison drove some of the best people out of the club. I could argue that Mancini has driven some of the best people out of the club. And, building on your point, if we'd changed managers in 1971, and picked up any manager not stupid enough to think adding Rodney Marsh into a winning team was a good idea, we might have had a very different journey through the 70s and 80s. Allison as a manager wrecked us. Twice. Allison should get a lot of credit for our success in 68.. but there was a time and a role for him. And a time for him to leave and not be our manager any longer.

A 5 year deal on 11 million a year, 55 million on an ageing jogging yaya.
This is the crux of the debate. If we are to improve and become a european force,
we need a midfield that is fluid, speedy and strong, e.g dortmund ,bayern, real and barca.
If anyone on the forum believes yaya can be part of that, dream on.

I think he will stay, on this ridiculous salary, we will do nothing in europe again next year, and then the number of doubters will grow, but it will be too late.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Having first seen city against Crewe and although slightly missing those days, I must remember where we are now and where we were then. A step back is required.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.