Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

Re: Yaya's agent says he is ready to quit...

Syth said:
Ancient Citizen said:
mgreenz97 said:
Aguero has to leave.
Kurt Zouma in, he is younger and a better defender.

Kompany to leave. Phil Jones is prettier and a better defender.
I'd have a Phil Jones in every position to be honest!
Missionary or doggy being your favourite? Lol :-)

City Raider said:
3 in 6 since returning from AFCON, still shaking my head at some of the shit I've read on here

spot the rags and the nobhead journos's

This writer is the dickhead that Balotelli had a go at in his AC Milan joining press conference and I'll eat my hat if we're going to pay Yaya £220,000 a week up front for the rest of his career. It just doesn't sound like the Soriano way.

HvadbJH.jpg

LoveCity said:
This is the dickhead that Balotelli had a go at in his AC Milan joining press conference and I'll eat my hat if we're going to pay Yaya £220,000 a week for the rest of his career. It just doesn't sound like the Soriano way.

HvadbJH.jpg
Yeah can´t see it neither unless it´s a incentive base type of contract, anyway we´ll what happens in the summer.

'City's response was instant'

F*** you.......

It's coming up to the Derby. Phone calls have been made and the Sun is once again doing it's best to unsettle the players.

'City's response was instant'

F*** off you.........

LoveCity said:
This writer is the dickhead that Balotelli had a go at in his AC Milan joining press conference and I'll eat my hat if we're going to pay Yaya £220,000 a week up front for the rest of his career. It just doesn't sound like the Soriano way.

It won't be GBP 220K a week basic, but it could be that amount with bonuses. The figure isn't all that important, anyway. I've done legal work for football clubs and seen a fair few player contracts in my time. I've seen the papers quote some spectatcularly incorrect figures from contracts I've drafted, too. I suspect that sometimes they may make it up, but other times they print what sources tell them. Unfortunately, people often lie for all kinds of reasons, whereas legally enforceable documents setting it all out in black and white don't lie.

The interesting part is the suggestion that Yaya and the club are on the verge of agreeing an extension. I suspect that bit may be true. I'm sure the club would like to keep him, and it's also worth remembering in this regard that he's one of the highest profile African footballers. That continent may not be our number one priority in terms of 'growing the brand' but it's significant nonetheless.

If you read Soriano's book, he talks about contract extensions with highly paid players and suggests that a good way to go is for the player to take a drop in basic salary in return for the added security of a longer contract. I'm not suggesting that this is unique wisdom or original thinking on Ferran's part - it's pretty standard - but it shows the approach he's likely to take.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.