Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

citytill1die84 said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4875487/Yaya-Toure-wouldve-completed-Man-Utds-title-winning-jigsaw.html

Haha WTF?

Basically saying the Yaya is better than anyone the rags have in that position.. ;)

FantasyIreland said:
citytill1die84 said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4875487/Yaya-Toure-wouldve-completed-Man-Utds-title-winning-jigsaw.html

Haha WTF?

Please post the article and not just the link.
----------------------------------------------------------
MANCHESTER United have not had much cause to be jealous of their neighbours this season.

But I’d be amazed if there were not a few green eyes among the Red Devils when Yaya Toure committed his future to City this week.

For he is exactly the type of player United need.

Alex Ferguson’s squad is strong in every department. But with Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs in the autumn of their careers, the one thing it lacks is a commanding, box-to-box midfield general with an eye for goals.

Toure, who signed a new four-year deal at the Etihad on Thursday, is that man.

Until then, his future was uncertain and I am surprised Fergie did not make a cheeky expression of interest in the 29-year-old Ivorian.

He would certainly make United a better team and cure their Achilles heel. They do not have anybody with the prowess to truly dominate a big game in the middle of the park.

Like Bryan Robson, Scholes back in his prime and Roy Keane used to do.

You could argue that even those three greats did not possess the versatility and athleticism Toure does.

His stride and strength are almost unmatchable and like an avalanche, the more he gathers momentum the harder he becomes to stop.

He’s a dynamite player who always turns up for the big matches. Some so-called stars can go missing on important occasions. Not Toure.

You only have to look at him this season when five of his eight goals for City have come in games against Chelsea twice, Man United, Liverpool and Ajax.

It was the same last season when he scored both goals in City’s 2-0 win at Newcastle in the penultimate game of the season to keep their title hopes alive.

And the year before that, of course, he scored the winner in the semi against United and the final against Stoke as City set out on the trophy trail by lifting the FA Cup at Wembley.

He will have a major say in Monday’s derby at Old Trafford. With the title already United’s, this is a chance for City to salvage bragging rights after a season in which they discovered that retaining the crown is even harder than winning it.

City seem to prone to self-destruct. There is always one crisis or another. Whether it’s players getting driving bans or criticising the manager.

They need to stop the in-fighting and develop United’s ability to win even when they are under-par.

People say United are not playing well this season. But you cannot take away the fact they are playing better than anybody else.

With Toure in midfield they would have played even better
Giggs and Scholes in the "autumn of their careers"?

If so, it's about the 19th of fucking December.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
FantasyIreland said:
citytill1die84 said:

Haha WTF?

Please post the article and not just the link.
----------------------------------------------------------
MANCHESTER United have not had much cause to be jealous of their neighbours this season.

But I’d be amazed if there were not a few green eyes among the Red Devils when Yaya Toure committed his future to City this week.

For he is exactly the type of player United need.

Alex Ferguson’s squad is strong in every department. But with Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs in the autumn of their careers, the one thing it lacks is a commanding, box-to-box midfield general with an eye for goals.

Toure, who signed a new four-year deal at the Etihad on Thursday, is that man.

Until then, his future was uncertain and I am surprised Fergie did not make a cheeky expression of interest in the 29-year-old Ivorian.

He would certainly make United a better team and cure their Achilles heel. They do not have anybody with the prowess to truly dominate a big game in the middle of the park.

Like Bryan Robson, Scholes back in his prime and Roy Keane used to do.

You could argue that even those three greats did not possess the versatility and athleticism Toure does.

His stride and strength are almost unmatchable and like an avalanche, the more he gathers momentum the harder he becomes to stop.

He’s a dynamite player who always turns up for the big matches. Some so-called stars can go missing on important occasions. Not Toure.

You only have to look at him this season when five of his eight goals for City have come in games against Chelsea twice, Man United, Liverpool and Ajax.

It was the same last season when he scored both goals in City’s 2-0 win at Newcastle in the penultimate game of the season to keep their title hopes alive.

And the year before that, of course, he scored the winner in the semi against United and the final against Stoke as City set out on the trophy trail by lifting the FA Cup at Wembley.

He will have a major say in Monday’s derby at Old Trafford. With the title already United’s, this is a chance for City to salvage bragging rights after a season in which they discovered that retaining the crown is even harder than winning it.

City seem to prone to self-destruct. There is always one crisis or another. Whether it’s players getting driving bans or criticising the manager.

They need to stop the in-fighting and develop United’s ability to win even when they are under-par.

People say United are not playing well this season. But you cannot take away the fact they are playing better than anybody else.

With Toure in midfield they would have played even better
Giggs and Scholes in the "autumn of their careers"?

If so, it's about the 19th of fucking December.

Autumn at the graveyard he should have said. ;)

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Im just talking about footballers specifically, i do not agree with footballers being paid 100,000 + to play football. It Doesnt mean i dont have the right to watch football. i prefer the german model where players are paid a good wage and realisitc amount that isnt obscene, at clubs like dortmund for instance

I have stated above that players should get the money rather than the boardroom.

Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Neuer, Lahm, Kroos, Muller, Swcheisteiger (spelling) and badstuber are apparently all on 100k pw or more.

I don't agree with actors being paid 4-6m per film when it takes them 3 months to film it. Am I more wrong than you?

I mentioned dortmund :) yes bayern pay high wages, but in the main most german clubs pay realistic wages.

im not talking about actors or films though, just about footballers, No i dont like how much they are paid i am just stating that, im not having a go at the club.its only an opinion

And that's why Munich wins the title nearly every year. Dortmund have had a great run cause their academy has developed some fantastic players recently. But they are starting to lose those players and this summer will lose more. Their window for winning is nearing it's end and a clubs academy can only produce so many blue chip players. Sooner or later the well runs out. If you want to have a shot at winning trophies year in year out you have to spend. See United, Munich, Madrid etc..

citytill1die84 said:

Haha WTF?
They are not wrong though. Your midfield would have to be pretty mid-table to say Carrick is your best midfielder.

@Alan_Tonge: Toure signs a contract worth 220 grand a week, yet Yeovil can't afford to run a youth academy on 105 grand a year. Something's not right.
This is what a friend of mine as had tweeted by some red t..t about his wages.
Doesn't mention any of the utd players wages who are so obviously playing for the love of the club for a tenner a week .

Mr. Aguia said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Neuer, Lahm, Kroos, Muller, Swcheisteiger (spelling) and badstuber are apparently all on 100k pw or more.

I don't agree with actors being paid 4-6m per film when it takes them 3 months to film it. Am I more wrong than you?

I mentioned dortmund :) yes bayern pay high wages, but in the main most german clubs pay realistic wages.

im not talking about actors or films though, just about footballers, No i dont like how much they are paid i am just stating that, im not having a go at the club.its only an opinion

And that's why Munich wins the title nearly every year. Dortmund have had a great run cause their academy has developed some fantastic players recently. But they are starting to lose those players and this summer will lose more. Their window for winning is nearing it's end and a clubs academy can only produce so many blue chip players. Sooner or later the well runs out. If you want to have a shot at winning trophies year in year out you have to spend. See United, Munich, Madrid etc..

That Dortmund thing is bullocks. Dortmund today pays their young players about the same that the young players would get at Munich. They are not worlds apart. Müller is probably the only exception since his prolongation in December with which he should have made the second Bayern category behind Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Ribery - but Götze and Reus might have earned more than him for a time between their last contracts and then.

Munich pays a lot for players in a category that Dortmund just does not have. Established stars that came from other clubs. Weidenfeller and Kehl, the older Dortmund players, are just not in the same category.

The only player of Dortmund that came out of their academy and had all development in Dortmund is Götze...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.