Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

zandvoort blue said:
Whilst the contract signing is excellent news for me it should have been announced at a later date. Monday would have took the gloss off the Rags build up to "their Cup Final". Better still next saturday before the Chelsea semi to give everyone a boost, and a psychological kick in the teeth for Chelsea who may have been sniffing around for a signature.

City are too classy for this kind of stuff,leave all the silly games to other clubs from now on

I'm no cynic said:
rickmcfc said:
I'm in a remote part of Scotland with practically zero Internet. It's taken 30 minutes to load this page up and I havent got a clue about the new contract for Yaya. Please can someone summarise what the deal is etc etc and the general reception that its recieved from blues and the wider football community etc. I will refresh in 30 minutes and hopefully it will work. Thanks.

Think of a figure. Multiply it by 23. Square it. Add three noughts to the end. Email it to the Sun, Mirror and Mail as 'fact'. Wait for them each to print a figure, then select the highest one. And there's your answer. Not that I'm a cynic, but...

I think my calculator's fucked. There's no way he's on £6.30 a week?

Graceyboy said:
Interesting in his interview that he mentions Tiki and Sorreno as reasons to stay as they are big players in the world of football but doesn't once mention Mancini.

Or is it edited out by an agenda within the Citytv team?????

Or maybe he praises them because they, Tiki and Sorreno, sign the contracts and the players?

LoveCity said:
His good relationship with Txiki is what ended the contract dispute according to the Telegraph, there seems to be a lot of respect between them. Remember that despite allowing him to leave Barca for City (because of how good Busquets had become), Txiki identified and signed Yaya for Barca from Monaco for just £6.5million. Things like this are why Txiki is so well thought of around Europe and will be the most powerful man at City on the footballing side of things.

So who was the dispute with then ?

The boss man told him to stop fuckin around.... That's why it was done and dusted quick time.

Fantastic deal for City by Txiki
The deal knocks £2m off the notional expenditure column for the next season and for the next 4 season's after that. Don't you just love Player Amortization.
£24m transfer fee over 5 years = £4.8m a year on the club accounts expenditure column
4.8m a year = £14.4m transfer fee remaining to go on the accounts for the next 5 seasons.
14.4 / 5 = = 2.8m a year = a saving of 2m a year on the notional expenditure column (I say notarial because the money way paid up front),

Wage expenditure goes down if City are not successful too - so a win, win move by City!

citytill1die84 said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4875487/Yaya-Toure-wouldve-completed-Man-Utds-title-winning-jigsaw.html

Haha WTF?

He has said some stupid things in his time,like we would have let anyone in england have him let alone them

Thought it was a 4 year deal...What's all this working the money over 5 years we dont have to justify to anyone so chill out..We've just signed one of the best central midfield players in the world with no transfer fee..
'

citytill1die84 said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4875487/Yaya-Toure-wouldve-completed-Man-Utds-title-winning-jigsaw.html

Haha WTF?

Please post the article and not just the link.
----------------------------------------------------------
MANCHESTER United have not had much cause to be jealous of their neighbours this season.

But I’d be amazed if there were not a few green eyes among the Red Devils when Yaya Toure committed his future to City this week.

For he is exactly the type of player United need.

Alex Ferguson’s squad is strong in every department. But with Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs in the autumn of their careers, the one thing it lacks is a commanding, box-to-box midfield general with an eye for goals.

Toure, who signed a new four-year deal at the Etihad on Thursday, is that man.

Until then, his future was uncertain and I am surprised Fergie did not make a cheeky expression of interest in the 29-year-old Ivorian.

He would certainly make United a better team and cure their Achilles heel. They do not have anybody with the prowess to truly dominate a big game in the middle of the park.

Like Bryan Robson, Scholes back in his prime and Roy Keane used to do.

You could argue that even those three greats did not possess the versatility and athleticism Toure does.

His stride and strength are almost unmatchable and like an avalanche, the more he gathers momentum the harder he becomes to stop.

He’s a dynamite player who always turns up for the big matches. Some so-called stars can go missing on important occasions. Not Toure.

You only have to look at him this season when five of his eight goals for City have come in games against Chelsea twice, Man United, Liverpool and Ajax.

It was the same last season when he scored both goals in City’s 2-0 win at Newcastle in the penultimate game of the season to keep their title hopes alive.

And the year before that, of course, he scored the winner in the semi against United and the final against Stoke as City set out on the trophy trail by lifting the FA Cup at Wembley.

He will have a major say in Monday’s derby at Old Trafford. With the title already United’s, this is a chance for City to salvage bragging rights after a season in which they discovered that retaining the crown is even harder than winning it.

City seem to prone to self-destruct. There is always one crisis or another. Whether it’s players getting driving bans or criticising the manager.

They need to stop the in-fighting and develop United’s ability to win even when they are under-par.

People say United are not playing well this season. But you cannot take away the fact they are playing better than anybody else.

With Toure in midfield they would have played even better

FantasyIreland said:
citytill1die84 said:

Haha WTF?

Please post the article and not just the link.
----------------------------------------------------------
MANCHESTER United have not had much cause to be jealous of their neighbours this season.

But I’d be amazed if there were not a few green eyes among the Red Devils when Yaya Toure committed his future to City this week.

For he is exactly the type of player United need.

Alex Ferguson’s squad is strong in every department. But with Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs in the autumn of their careers, the one thing it lacks is a commanding, box-to-box midfield general with an eye for goals.

Toure, who signed a new four-year deal at the Etihad on Thursday, is that man.

Until then, his future was uncertain and I am surprised Fergie did not make a cheeky expression of interest in the 29-year-old Ivorian.

He would certainly make United a better team and cure their Achilles heel. They do not have anybody with the prowess to truly dominate a big game in the middle of the park.

Like Bryan Robson, Scholes back in his prime and Roy Keane used to do.

You could argue that even those three greats did not possess the versatility and athleticism Toure does.

His stride and strength are almost unmatchable and like an avalanche, the more he gathers momentum the harder he becomes to stop.

He’s a dynamite player who always turns up for the big matches. Some so-called stars can go missing on important occasions. Not Toure.

You only have to look at him this season when five of his eight goals for City have come in games against Chelsea twice, Man United, Liverpool and Ajax.

It was the same last season when he scored both goals in City’s 2-0 win at Newcastle in the penultimate game of the season to keep their title hopes alive.

And the year before that, of course, he scored the winner in the semi against United and the final against Stoke as City set out on the trophy trail by lifting the FA Cup at Wembley.

He will have a major say in Monday’s derby at Old Trafford. With the title already United’s, this is a chance for City to salvage bragging rights after a season in which they discovered that retaining the crown is even harder than winning it.

City seem to prone to self-destruct. There is always one crisis or another. Whether it’s players getting driving bans or criticising the manager.

They need to stop the in-fighting and develop United’s ability to win even when they are under-par.

People say United are not playing well this season. But you cannot take away the fact they are playing better than anybody else.

With Toure in midfield they would have played even better

Oh I am sorry but I was on my phone it's a little more difficult.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.