Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

I'm no cynic said:
rickmcfc said:
I'm in a remote part of Scotland with practically zero Internet. It's taken 30 minutes to load this page up and I havent got a clue about the new contract for Yaya. Please can someone summarise what the deal is etc etc and the general reception that its recieved from blues and the wider football community etc. I will refresh in 30 minutes and hopefully it will work. Thanks.

Think of a figure. Multiply it by 23. Square it. Add three noughts to the end. Email it to the Sun, Mirror and Mail as 'fact'. Wait for them each to print a figure, then select the highest one. And there's your answer. Not that I'm a cynic, but...

Wow, i only started with the figure 2 and ended up on £2116000
Just mailing all the press now it's a disgrace

ManCitizens. said:
BoundedCascade said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
As a total numb nuts when it comes to corporate finance, and someone who can only just balance my household income/expenditure, could you please explain in "laymen's" terms how that works?

His current contract earns him 17m/year so after this year is finished he will then be on a lower salary which will earn him 14m/year therefore our books have -3m/year cost. So therefore we save 3m/year.

Where's your figures (Yaya's salary) from? Even if your 17m-14m is correct (which it isn't) have you ever heard of amortisation?

Another fool.

I worked it out like this:

Signed for £28m / 5 year deal = £5.6m amortisation cost per year
wages supposedly £220,000/week = £11.44m/year
total cost /year = £17.04m

He is worth, according to amortisation £11.2m this summer when new deal starts from.
so, £11.2m/4year deal = £2.8m/year
wages = £11.44m/year
total = £14.24m

so a yearly accounting saving of £2.8m

Personally, I don't believe that he gets 220k per week as a flat wage, I think it must be made up of bonuses as well.

Vincent Kompany must be dirt cheap btw, he costs £300,000 per year plus his wages.

The Telegraph I think said Yaya is on 150k per week, that was before his new deal. It wouldn't surprise me if this has been lowered to 120k like apparently Silva is on but is then built up to 200k+ with bonuses.

Interesting in his interview that he mentions Tiki and Sorreno as reasons to stay as they are big players in the world of football but doesn't once mention Mancini.

Or is it edited out by an agenda within the Citytv team?????

Whatever the cost of the deal what would it have cost us to replace him with a player of the same ability,if there is one?A huge transfer fee AND wages on top,so getting him to stay is a major bonus for me.

A recent report made him our most important player,as in our win stats when he has played are higher than when he doesn't,since he has been at the club.

Get three quality world class players in alongside him in the summer and watch us go!

pirate said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Neuer, Lahm, Kroos, Muller, Swcheisteiger (spelling) and badstuber are apparently all on 100k pw or more.

I don't agree with actors being paid 4-6m per film when it takes them 3 months to film it. Am I more wrong than you?

I mentioned dortmund :) yes bayern pay high wages, but in the main most german clubs pay realistic wages.

im not talking about actors or films though, just about footballers, No i dont like how much they are paid i am just stating that, im not having a go at the club.its only an opinion

and bayern dominate german football.
its not rocket science

The young ones - Kroos, Badstuber and Müller - the last two for sure until their new contract extensions - haven't been in that category. Müller with his new contract certainly is. But until then young Dortmund players like Götze or Reus did not earn less as their contracts of the Bayern young players were from 2010 and 11 when they just got their starting spots whereas Götze and Reus and some other Dortmund players have new contracts. The biggest difference between Bayern's and Dortmund's wages is that the "stars" like Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Ribery - and established players like Gomez, Robben, Tymoschchuk are just older and are in other wage categories. Dortmund's star players are the young players.

Whilst the contract signing is excellent news for me it should have been announced at a later date. Monday would have took the gloss off the Rags build up to "their Cup Final". Better still next saturday before the Chelsea semi to give everyone a boost, and a psychological kick in the teeth for Chelsea who may have been sniffing around for a signature.

Graceyboy said:
Interesting in his interview that he mentions Tiki and Sorreno as reasons to stay as they are big players in the world of football but doesn't once mention Mancini.

Or is it edited out by an agenda within the Citytv team?????
Well,
Mancini isn't a big player.

Plenty of managers have won what he has and more.

Don't see the problem.

Txiki and Ferren were big parts of the engine that turned Barca around almost and are well respected in footballing and business circles.

His good relationship with Txiki is what ended the contract dispute according to the Telegraph, there seems to be a lot of respect between them. Remember that despite allowing him to leave Barca for City (because of how good Busquets had become), Txiki identified and signed Yaya for Barca from Monaco for just £6.5million. Things like this are why Txiki is so well thought of around Europe and will be the most powerful man at City on the footballing side of things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.