Yaya Toure

I really think a lot of people on here undersell Yaya's value. I am old enough to have seen plenty of Colin Bell at his peak but that was a lot of years ago and the memories tend to be somehwhat misty eyed. I still give Bell the edge over Yaya but, overall, I think they are close in terms of ability and Yaya has time to eclipse The King's achievements for the team.

I still find it amusing that a palyer who apparently isn't very good at defending and heading managed to help his team win a UCl final playing centre back.

The current team revolves around Yaya and he has, to date, been the most important player of the Mansour era.

OB1 said:
I still find it amusing that a palyer who apparently isn't very good at defending and heading managed to help his team win a UCl final playing centre back.

It is staggering really. I understand he isn't the best tackler but that doesn't mean he can't defend. The best defenders don't have to tackle, otherwise Phil Jones really would be the best in the world.

colin bell the best player i have ever seen full stop . but yaya would be in my top 10 city players.

The big man might be a bit older these days but before he reached the twilight of his career at the top level, he was an unbelieveable force for Manchester City.

Some say David Silva, but for me, every single season we have won a trophy, Yaya Toure has been the better of the two and that includes this season as well.

Silva may have been more pleasing on the eye but in the big games where Silva maybe didn't have his usual influence, it was so often Yaya who produced a mammoth of a performance to take us all the way to glory.

Quite simply, the best Manchester City player of the past 40 years. Give this a watch and just remember what he once was and what he helped us achieve. Brilliant

It always comes down to Silva or Toure and I always accept anyone's choice of the 2, very hard to split

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.