Yaya Toure

wireblue said:
I said this to my old man at half time in the scum derby. I was expecting him to say "he's great but not as good as bell" etc. But he agreed with me.

It was a very different time back then, but I can see why your dad would agree with you.

Colin Bell was the greatest of Joe Mercer's era, Yaya Toure is the greatest of the current era.

ICT-Tam said:
I had a similar thought about Kun the other day. As football fans we love to dwell on the past and over exaggerate things, football as a game has developed massively as a technical sport over the past 30 years. Personally, i dont think any of our past greats would get near this side. I haven't seen Bell play but football is a different animal today to what it was in the 60's-70s. I do think Yaya could be the best player we've ever had and in 30 years from now i reckon people will be as romantic with him as we are with Bell, Summerbee etc today.

Absolute rubbish. Class is permanent. Just imagine a Colin Bell with modern training and diet.

i've been going watching city since 81 and i've never seen anything better,so yes i agree he's the greatest City player i've seen

Georgian Maestro said:
As an all round package he's the best player I've seen in my twenty years watching City. He's got the lot

besides the heading and tackling.

The timing of the thread may well be swaying folk in thier opinion of him simply cause so far into this season he's been pulling it up and looks to have dropped half a stone. It's also possible folk are mentioning his acheivments from the yr befor last due to him being well below the radar last year and on plenty of occasions showing the numbest of spectators that he clearly was not fit on the pitch...he was certainly blowing like a blue whale on plenty of occasions...cant ever recall seeing the king blow.

That said i do hope he carries on in this rich form. not the best but neverthless influential to a team, brilliant at bullying and only ever kopping a yellow.

My dad used to extol the virtues of many of the old players and Bell was always a street ahead of the other greats of the 50's , 60's and 70's (we all know what happened after that).

In short he was described variously as

'making football look as easy as lying in the bath'

'he never let you down, even if he had an off day'

'he knew where every player was on the pitch at any moment'

'so much stamina that he could have played all day'

'had a shot as good as any player'

'could head, shoot, pass, run, tackle and was a better keeper than Dowd'

To be honest there has never been a fan of any team who has had a bad word to say about Bell.

So I reckon Colin takes some beating.

fbloke said:
My dad used to extol the virtues of many of the old players and Bell was always a street ahead of the other greats of the 50's , 60's and 70's (we all know what happened after that).

In short he was described variously as

'making football look as easy as lying in the bath'

'he never let you down, even if he had an off day'

'he knew where every player was on the pitch at any moment'

'so much stamina that he could have played all day'

'had a shot as good as any player'

'could head, shoot, pass, run, tackle and was a better keeper than Dowd'

To be honest there has never been a fan of any team who has had a bad word to say about Bell.

So I reckon Colin takes some beating.

Nobody outside of bluemoon has a bad word to say about Yaya. He's the most complete midfielder in the world imo.

Fat Chance said:
Georgian Maestro said:
As an all round package he's the best player I've seen in my twenty years watching City. He's got the lot

besides the heading and tackling.

The timing of the thread may well be swaying folk in thier opinion of him simply cause so far into this season he's been pulling it up and looks to have dropped half a stone. It's also possible folk are mentioning his acheivments from the yr befor last due to him being well below the radar last year and on plenty of occasions showing the numbest of spectators that he clearly was not fit on the pitch...he was certainly blowing like a blue whale on plenty of occasions...cant ever recall seeing the king blow.

That said i do hope he carries on in this rich form. not the best but neverthless influential to a team, brilliant at bullying and only ever kopping a yellow.

You must have forgotten the Liverpool and qpr heaers in our title winning season. As for tackling I'm from the Xabi Alonso school of thought in that I don't see it as a great attribute in the modern game

ban-mcfc said:
it's bell by a fucking mile.

25j85ec.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.