Yaya Toure

I was once of the opinion that i would never see a greater player in a blue shirt than King Colin. Yaya is close to him for me.

Yaya is greater than the sum of his parts. He is hugely admired wthin the game, he is totally respected by his peers, he has fantastic ability, he scores goals (when allowed freedom to do so) and i think more importantly his tactical nous allows Silva the freedom to play as he does.

The only people who dont see Yaya for what he is are his own fans. Whether thats because they expect so much from him every game and because he aint a robot he doesnt always deliver or some of our fans are just plain fucking stupid im not sure.

But for me certainly our best player since Bell by an absolute mile

Unfortunately i never got to see Bell(Season ticket since 88), My old man is off the opinion Yaya edges it though. Interesting to hear others opinions in regards to this tbh. Yaya has a presecne that no other player i have seen have.

One of my biggest criticisms of him was his failure to track-back and do the 'dirty-work' when required, but he does seem to have improved on this over recent few games so fair play to him, he's looking even more complete now.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not even in our top five.

Bell, Swift, Trautmann, Doherty, Meredith, Woosnam, Lee, Tilson.

This club has had plenty of legends.

You romantic old fool!

Whilst a player is still playing it will always be difficult for a consensus on how great they are - In a decade or two's time the bad games and the errors are forgotten and only the misty eyed positives remain.

Rascal said:
But for me certainly our best player since Bell by an absolute mile

Been watching City since the 60s and I have to agree. Some fans don't see what's right in front of them. Incredible player.

The Semi final goal vs the Scum
The goal which won us the FA up vs Stoke
Those 2 goals on that unforgettable day at Newcastle which practically won us the league

Yaya Toure, cometh the hour, cometh the man.

GaudinoMotors said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not even in our top five.

Bell, Swift, Trautmann, Doherty, Meredith, Woosnam, Lee, Tilson.

This club has had plenty of legends.

You romantic old fool!

Whilst a player is still playing it will always be difficult for a consensus on how great they are - In a decade or two's time the bad games and the errors are forgotten and only the misty eyed positives remain.

Still in my 30s!!

These are the names which weaned generations of support, and for good reason.

I never saw Pele or Garincha, either, but there is enough out there to know players such as Ronaldinho and the real Ronaldo were not fit enough to tie their laces.

My dad is still around and the way he talks about Bell, even now, it's like a player from a different planet, and that's him watching Yaya every week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.