Yaya Toure

I think some City fans have a mental image of Yaya as being a box to box midfielder with no other attributes than the ability to make lung bursting runs.

I don't think he's the best City player of all time. Certainly not if you adjust for different levels of fitness, better pitches etc. But I do think he's one of the best passers of a ball I've seen. Something that he seems to receive hardly any credit for from many City fans.

Depends how you define 'great'?

In terms of impact he's certainly up there as he often comes through for us in the 'big' games.

In terms of football ability, he isn't a patch on Aguero, Silva or Kompany from the current team, let alone some of our past legends.

Would certainly be in our all time best 11 though.

Still Colin Bell the greatest for me , but Yaya is coming up on the rails . I agree with the OP, I seem forever argueing his corner with other blues because he's LAZY , bullshit , he is what he is , a brilliant passer of the ball and a director in our midfield . We will miss him when he's gone ..

Gave my dad season ticket for the derby as I couldnt make it. Its the first time hes seen yaya live and he said yaya is one of the greatest players hes ever seen. This is from a man whose seen pele, puskas, bell, best and a few others he likes to mention when he tells me how much better football used to be.

Yaya has been pivotal to our success so far and will continue to be for some time yet hopefully,however,in terms of our current team and overall contribution,i think Kompany is more influential and inspirational.

Stoned Rose said:
Depends how you define 'great'?

In terms of impact he's certainly up there as he often comes through for us in the 'big' games.

In terms of football ability, he isn't a patch on Aguero, Silva or Kompany
from the current team, let alone some of our past legends.

Would certainly be in our all time best 11 though.

He is definitely on par with them in terms of football ability probably better imo.

Dont think there is anything he cant do with the ball at his feet unreal ability, he should be the best midfielder on the planet but his mobility and defensive weaknesses hold him back.

Still a great player.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not even in our top five.

Bell, Swift, Trautmann, Doherty, Meredith, Woosnam, Lee, Tilson.

This club has had plenty of legends.

So how long do we have to wait until they are gone that they can be considered legends. I love our history as a club but we dont half hold on to it and not allow it to have new entrants

Colin Bell, could do all the things that Yaya can do, plus, track opponents, tackle, head goals, challenge for 2nd balls, make last ditch challenges, make 60yds forward runs into the box and more. He was not as good at 1st time lay offs, free kicks. But a better player by far.

GX Blue said:
Is he balls.... He's a big game player though.

Lots of games where he cant be arsed and is lazy.

Great player but i dont hold him in the highest regard like you do im afraid.

Now Kompany, theres a player who i consider one of our best ever.
^^^this^^^

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.