Yaya Toure

I think Pep could find use for Yaya as a Plan B/C Striker - tall, physical & technical. As Striker against parked buses, he will hv least defensive work as well. He certainly cant play in Pep's midfield given his age and physical conditioning today. Maybe CB in few games? Certainly a valuable bench option, only if he has the right attitude and shuts his agent up! Else, Pep has no time to entertain non-sense!

Pity, coz he had Balon D'Or level talent!
I don't think Pep can find a place for Yaya at all. As an example just look at Stoke game and see how much our players ran and moved. When one of our players had the ball, 4 or 5 others were moving around very quickly, creating options for passing. When we did not have the ball, our players tracked back (!) quickly and with purpose. Yaya simply does not move enough, and I don't think he ever will be able to anymore. His time is over, sadly.

Yep, only takes them a few months to forget how poor Yaya was with and without the ball last season.

At the centre of all the best things that have happened at the club in the Sheik Mansour era.
A truely wonderful player sadly past his best.

A little more respect and understanding wouldn't go amiss on here.

Pep can't lose if he starts him tomorrow. If he has a good game, it benefits us greatly. If he has a stinker, he gets subbed at half time. He can then state that toure didn't show the desire /workrate /attitude that's expected of his players. By getting that in first, it nullifies anything yaya or his agent then subsequently claim.

I don't think Pep can find a place for Yaya at all. As an example just look at Stoke game and see how much our players ran and moved. When one of our players had the ball, 4 or 5 others were moving around very quickly, creating options for passing. When we did not have the ball, our players tracked back (!) quickly and with purpose. Yaya simply does not move enough, and I don't think he ever will be able to anymore. His time is over, sadly.

Yaya moves plenty and always has done but it has often lacked the level of intensity Pep wants (or supporters have wanted to see). However, no one on this forum actually knows if Yaya can imrpove his fitness sufficiently to play a part or how much a difference a change in attitude might make. You certainly don't know if Yaya could still play a valuable role off the bench.

I'll ne happy when Yaya, Hart and Nasri's situation of uncertainty are sorted. I wish them all well but I'ts becoming obvious that their days are most certainly numbered now. Theirs situations will be resolved quicker if they accept this and lower their wage demands to other potentially interested clubs. Won't be good for the club or the players if they miss this transfer window to languish on the bench, or worse still, be omitted from the squad altogether as Yaya and Nasri have been recently.

I'll ne happy when Yaya, Hart and Nasri's situation of uncertainty are sorted. I wish them all well but I'ts becoming obvious that their days are most certainly numbered now. Theirs situations will be resolved quicker if they accept this and lower their wage demands to other potentially interested clubs. Won't be good for the club or the players if they miss this transfer window to languish on the bench, or worse still, be omitted from the squad altogether as Yaya and Nasri have been recently.

Rag!

At the centre of all the best things that have happened at the club in the Sheik Mansour era.
A truely wonderful player sadly past his best.

A little more respect and understanding wouldn't go amiss on here.

Agree with the first part, but you spelled cake and money wrong in the last line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.