Yaya Toure

Yaya moves plenty and always has done but it has often lacked the level of intensity Pep wants (or supporters have wanted to see). However, no one on this forum actually knows if Yaya can imrpove his fitness sufficiently to play a part or how much a difference a change in attitude might make. You certainly don't know if Yaya could still play a valuable role off the bench.

I cant see how Yaya would not be a valuable option to have coming off the bench in certain matches. But it would depend on whether he would be prepared to accept that role.

Yaya moves plenty and always has done but it has often lacked the level of intensity Pep wants (or supporters have wanted to see). However, no one on this forum actually knows if Yaya can imrpove his fitness sufficiently to play a part or how much a difference a change in attitude might make. You certainly don't know if Yaya could still play a valuable role off the bench.
In general I don't know very much at all:-)
It is however my opinion that Yaya will not be able to play in the way required by Pep. He looks slimmer and fitter, granted, but I still don't think he has the legs.
Yaya was perhaps the best midfielder in the world for a couple of years, a couple of years ago. I find it a shame that he harms his legacy by not knowing when to call it quits. In my opinion he is only here because he can't get City to agree money-wise to the terms of him leaving.

Pep occasionally tried to use Yaya as AM in his second season with Barca, but he proved to be too slow-thinking to emulate Xavi or Iniesta. Looked lost on the field, though being a real human tank at that time.

In general I don't know very much at all:-)
It is however my opinion that Yaya will not be able to play in the way required by Pep. He looks slimmer and fitter, granted, but I still don't think he has the legs.
Yaya was perhaps the best midfielder in the world for a couple of years, a couple of years ago. I find it a shame that he harms his legacy by not knowing when to call it quits. In my opinion he is only here because he can't get City to agree money-wise to the terms of him leaving.

You think he doesn't have the legs and are entitled to that opinion but the facts are what counts and Pep, Yaya and the technical staff at City are the people in possession of those. I'm pretty sure City's fitness coach believes he can get performances out of the over 30's: IIRC he has expressed that view in the past. Yaya is about 18 months younger than Xabi Alonso.

You think he doesn't have the legs and are entitled to that opinion but the facts are what counts and Pep, Yaya and the technical staff at City are the people in possession of those. I'm pretty sure City's fitness coach believes he can get performances out of the over 30's: IIRC he has expressed that view in the past. Yaya is about 18 months younger than Xabi Alonso.
Tell you what, I hope you are right :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.