Yaya Toure

Pep included him in the squad for this tie, unlike others, so he's obviously not completely out of the picture, or Pep would have wasted a squad place, which is not something I'd expect him to do.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him at least on the bench, and given some playing time at some point.

This is a point which keeps being lost on everybody.

There was no need to include him in this squad & indeed no point in including him, if there was no chance of him taking any part.

I think Pep could find use for Yaya as a Plan B/C Striker - tall, physical & technical. As Striker against parked buses, he will hv least defensive work as well. He certainly cant play in Pep's midfield given his age and physical conditioning today. Maybe CB in few games? Certainly a valuable bench option, only if he has the right attitude and shuts his agent up! Else, Pep has no time to entertain non-sense!

Pity, coz he had Balon D'Or level talent!

This is a point which keeps being lost on everybody.

There was no need to include him in this squad & indeed no point in including him, if there was no chance of him taking any part.
I think out of Bony, Mangala, Nasri, Hart, and Yaya, Pep must think Yaya is the one that's at least salvageable (or least likely to move because nobody wants to pay his wage). Like if he had to pick one out of those 5, he'd pick Yaya. Like you mentioned, otherwise he wouldn't have included Yaya in the CL squad just like Bony, Mangala, or Nasri. But I think Pep views Yaya as some sort of bonus. If he can get Yaya to work hard then good, if not then Pep never hoped to get anything from him anyway. The only downside to this is that Yaya could be a distraction in the locker room, which I hope not. I mean that snake agent of his Dimitry Seluk hasn't said anything volatile since Pep's appointment. Hopefully Pep can get Yaya and his agent under control, even if Yaya don't get to play much this season.

I think out of Bony, Mangala, Nasri, Hart, and Yaya, Pep must think Yaya is the one that's at least salvageable (or least likely to move because nobody wants to pay his wage). Like if he had to pick one out of those 5, he'd pick Yaya. Like you mentioned, otherwise he wouldn't have included Yaya in the CL squad just like Bony, Mangala, or Nasri. But I think Pep views Yaya as some sort of bonus. If he can get Yaya to work hard then good, if not then Pep never hoped to get anything from him anyway. The only downside to this is that Yaya could be a distraction in the locker room, which I hope not. I mean that snake agent of his Dimitry Seluk hasn't said anything volatile since Pep's appointment. Hopefully Pep can get Yaya and his agent under control, even if Yaya don't get to play much this season.

I think chances are Pep is trying him out, like he says he is, then will consider him for selection if he stays, but not be arsed if he goes.

He may have already decided.

If Yaya is in the squad tomorrow, then there must be a very very strong chance he's staying. We have absolutely no need to use him otherwise. If he isn't there then he's likely out of the picture.

I think chances are Pep is trying him out, like he says he is, then will consider him for selection if he stays, but not be arsed if he goes.

If Yaya is in the squad tomorrow, then there must be a very very strong chance he's staying. We have absolutely no need to use him otherwise. If he isn't there then he's likely out of the picture.
What I'm afraid of is that Pep don't want to use him but nobody would want to take him on.

What I'm afraid of is that Pep don't want to use him but nobody would want to take him on.

It's a possibility, but I'm not sure either side would want that. It would be better to pay his wages for him to play for someone else than just have him sat around if we aren't going to use him at all.

If he stays at the club, I imagine he'll play.

I think Pep could find use for Yaya as a Plan B/C Striker - tall, physical & technical. As Striker against parked buses, he will hv least defensive work as well. He certainly cant play in Pep's midfield given his age and physical conditioning today. Maybe CB in few games? Certainly a valuable bench option, only if he has the right attitude and shuts his agent up! Else, Pep has no time to entertain non-sense!

Pity, coz he had Balon D'Or level talent!

Can't see him playing up front, he wouldn't be capable of pressing with the intensity that's required.

Can't see him playing up front, he wouldn't be capable of pressing with the intensity that's required.

Generally true but with parked buses, he doesnt hv much pressing to do. The opposition team dont want the ball anyways. They rather maintain position near their goal ;)

I am hoping that Yaya is trying to respond to Pep's demands of what he wants from him if Yaya is to feature in games. Yaya does appear slimmer so maybe he is working to get fit enough to be picked, even if it is from the bench.

If Yaya stays, and there is no sign of him going, we need him to be ready, willing and able to play a part. Having your most talented all rounder and, possibly, highest paid player sat in the stands every week is a luxury even City could do without having to afford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.