Yaya wants out allegedly

MSP said:
dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2148341/Yaya-Toure-tell-agent--Martin-Samuel.html

It's time Toure told this agent where to go... not the other way round

The pop of the last champagne cork had barely finished echoing around the Manchester City dressing room when Dimitri Seluk, agent for the mighty Yaya Toure, took to the airwaves in Spain.

'Toure has done all he can at City and needs new motivations,' he gabbled. 'He would not cost much and would like a new challenge. He could sign for many big clubs, like Chelsea or Bayern Munich. We would like to see Barcelona join the race.'

Actually, if you want to play for Barcelona there are more obvious ways of doing so: like not allowing your agent to spend your last year there agitating for a transfer; but then Seluk would not have received his substantial cut of Toure’s move to City.

Do you ever wonder whose side agents are actually on? Not that of their clients, necessarily.
If Toure yearns for Barcelona, his last career choice hardly makes sense, but then neither does this one, if he is seriously contemplating leaving a club who have won the Premier League title, and may be embarking on a period of wider domination.

So who is in charge here: Seluk or Toure? And if the adviser is such a bright guy, why is he throwing a name like Bayern Munich into the mix, the club having come second in every tournament they have contested this season.

It is almost as if he looked at a fixture list, thought 'Who is in the Champions League final and might have a few quid?' and pulled two potential suitors from thin air. As for Chelsea, why would any agent pack a client off to a club that doesn’t have a manager? What sort of advice service is this?
A child of five could see through Seluk’s ploy.

No player in his right mind would wish to quit City right now, certainly not one in favour with manager Roberto Mancini. Yet Toure is only of worth to Seluk when in transit. The sweetener an agent receives for keeping a player loyal does not compare to the giant lump sum from a transfer. Toure is worth considerably more to Seluk unsettled than he is happy.

City, meanwhile, are nonplussed by Seluk's outburst. Toure earns in the region of £260,000 a week, has three years left on his contract and was last heard insisting that his ambition was to help the club win the Champions League. Suddenly, he was demotivated and in need of a new challenge.
That’s some post-party comedown.

Maybe it is Toure who needs to tell his agent where to go.

'Toure wouldnt cost much'. This is where I stopped reading and started urinating on my leg.

To be fair the last deal yaya's agent did for him was the greatest deal in the history of agents' deals. Both financially and in footballing terms. So you could understand if yaya values his advice

kompany10 said:
Scotland_WC2010 said:
There's few reasons why any player would want to leave your club right now, especially if they've already been to one of Spain's top two.

However if he does leave I think you could replace him fairly well with Lassana Diarra, what do you think of him?

lassana diarra is a completly different player and not half as good pal, must do better.

Diarra seems to have become much better since he went to Madrid despite not playing every game. He plays sort of in the role that Yaya did for Barca and has excellent dribbling and power. Obviously he isn't as good as Yaya but he wouldn't be a bad replacement.

While I agree with the writers thinking in that article, I can really understand how he trusts his agent after the City contract he got. Maybe just a ploy for an extension for more money (here hopefully)? Who knows?

But, as he even said himself, he will finish with barca, but hopefully its not sooner rather than later.

Now if he was to go (and while it 99% wont happen THIS year, it his very possible after next, and even more possible the following year) the Fellaini idea does seem to be spot on. Loads of real potential from what he has shown before despite some inconsistency. But his ability to go forward and still play solid on D is quite nice. Any who knock him calling him dirty will be the first to call it "great D" when hes here.

Could other possibilities (just some Ive heard) to consider be Diarra, Roemu, Khedira, or even Gotze?

MCFC Buffalo-NY said:
While I agree with the writers thinking in that article, I can really understand how he trusts his agent after the City contract he got. Maybe just a ploy for an extension for more money (here hopefully)? Who knows?

But, as he even said himself, he will finish with barca, but hopefully its not sooner rather than later.

Now if he was to go (and while it 99% wont happen THIS year, it his very possible after next, and even more possible the following year) the Fellaini idea does seem to be spot on. Loads of real potential from what he has shown before despite some inconsistency. But his ability to go forward and still play solid on D is quite nice. Any who knock him calling him dirty will be the first to call it "great D" when hes here.

Could other possibilities (just some Ive heard) to consider be Diarra, Roemu, Khedira, or even Gotze?

He said he WANTS to, Barca rarely makes a habit of being a retirement home for players in their twillight, especially not for players they've already sold. I can't see it happening. I think too much was read into these comments in the first place.

southern muppet said:
MCFC Buffalo-NY said:

He said he WANTS to, Barca rarely makes a habit of being a retirement home for players in their twillight, especially not for players they've already sold. I can't see it happening. I think too much was read into these comments in the first place.

I can definitely understand that then. Loving his talent (esp from a City perspective) you think as long as he WANTS to then heck why not? But that makes sense, I never thought of it from barca's side, I just assumed they'd be all for it. Which then made me think of what options would be there if that then happened.

At the end of the day I doubt he will move heaven and earth to leave us for Barcelona like Fabregas did at Arsenal purely due to his former club not showing any publicised interest in him. I mention the word publicised purely on the basis that I feel because he is such an important player for us and us not being required to sanction his sale they'd need to pursue him through media outlets in order to turn his head. They'd need to be a point of no return basically.

I just don't envisage the above happening. He doesn't strike me as the type of personality that would cause major disruption. It would tarnish the impact he has had and the history that he has created.

It all depends if Barca can get the extra cash. They need their funds for other important targets, and midfield isn't one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.