Yaya

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
smithy167 said:
I agree that his passing is second to none. I love the guy, he is a fantastic player. The point I am making is that if we are going to insist on playing two in the middle, we need two players who harry, close down, and are relentless in their efforts to counteract the fact that the opposition are playing with an extra man than we are. This is not Yaya's game, and it is a mistake imo to ask him to try and play it. It is why we get found out against the best sides. It's not his fault though.
I get what you`re saying mate but we play and are a better team with him in it.

I wasn't saying drop him, not a chance. Drop Navas or Nasri, and slip Milner in alongside Ferna and Yaya to share the defensive workload. This would lift some of the burden of the other two and allow them to express themselves offensively without leaving us open to counter attacks.
Drop Nasri, you having a fucking laugh he's been player of the season other than Dav.

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
smithy167 said:
I get what you`re saying mate but we play and are a better team with him in it.

I wasn't saying drop him, not a chance. Drop Navas or Nasri, and slip Milner in alongside Ferna and Yaya to share the defensive workload. This would lift some of the burden of the other two and allow them to express themselves offensively without leaving us open to counter attacks.
Drop Nasri, you having a fucking laugh he's been player of the season other than Dav.

No, I'm not. Forums are about opinions, mines obviously differs from yours. I agree he's had his best season yet for us. He would want to be at this stage, however I feel in the last 4 or 5 games he has dipped. Jovetic offers better work rate imo, something we need with our lack of numbers in the middle. Look how better balanced we looked when Jovetic played against Chelsea. His tracking back took a lot of pressure of our midfield.

Marvin said:
pudge said:
Petulant, with his regular dose of amateur dramatics thrown in today. We need him to take control and dominate games down the run in, not fall down.
He had a great game, and I'm glad even at 4-1 he's got an attitude

Fans have accused him of coasting at times, but he was really on his game today

Didn't think he was at his very best today but Saints are one of his more difficuly opponents. What he did do was make far more successful tackles than any of his team mates.

He is petulant at times but at least he really cares and wants to win.

OB1 said:
Marvin said:
pudge said:
Petulant, with his regular dose of amateur dramatics thrown in today. We need him to take control and dominate games down the run in, not fall down.

Didn't think he was at his very best today but Saints are one of his more difficuly opponents. What he did do was make far more successful tackles than any of his team mates.

I'm going to offer a further probably dislikeable opinion that he's the main man in our squad who knows what it takes to win at every level. Players dive, the best players, at the best teams, dive. They surround the ref, they leave feet in, they are ruthless in their quest to win silver wear. It's the lack of this very attitude I firmly believe got us knocked out of the Champions League and generally hampered our Euro adventures to date.

Maybe the quest to win everything as honestly as possible is part of a larger hearts and minds offensive, a bit like how everyone loves Zabaleta. But in this day and age make no mistake it puts us at a distinct disadvantage.

Needs to stand up and put in a monster performance next week then he can have a few dipped games

adrianr said:
OB1 said:
Marvin said:

I'm going to offer a further probably dislikeable opinion that he's the main man in our squad who knows what it takes to win at every level. Players dive, the best players, at the best teams, dive. They surround the ref, they leave feet in, they are ruthless in their quest to win silver wear. It's the lack of this very attitude I firmly believe got us knocked out of the Champions League and generally hampered our Euro adventures to date.

Maybe the quest to win everything as honestly as possible is part of a larger hearts and minds offensive, a bit like how everyone loves Zabaleta. But in this day and age make no mistake it puts us at a distinct disadvantage.
Sort of agree with this. My mate said we won't ever win the Champions League until we have a right ref-baiting wanker, a la Terry or Rooney.

He doesn't look interested in the slightest at the minute, his mind is elsewhere it seems, he looks unhappy on the pitch and these niggly free kicks he gives away get right on my tits.
Monster of a player on his day but not seen him play 100% for a few matches...
Hopefully saving it for anfield.

manimanc said:
He doesn't look interested in the slightest at the minute, his mind is elsewhere it seems, he looks unhappy on the pitch and these niggly free kicks he gives away get right on my tits.
Monster of a player on his day but not seen him play 100% for a few matches...
Hopefully saving it for anfield.

To be fair, his hat trick against Fulham 3 games ago wasn't shabby!

His performance at the rags was good.

He won us the league cup with his wonder goal getting us back into a game we were struggling in (only a month ago)

He always turns it on when it matters and I think next week we will see more of the same....

He's garbage, I wish we could replace him with one strong midfielder who usually puts most (or close to that) tackles of all players on the pitch, do some monster counter attacks runs, passes the ball great and score 20 goals in a season.

If we could just find one like that..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.