Yaya

yayas trusty right foot said:
If we are going to compete next season we need him back to his best...

He looks heavy to me, he needs to lose a few pounds and get back to last seasons shape.
you look heavy

Yaya is obviously a great player but his consistency of being a great player is below par. He's rarely poor but often plods along averagely for someone of his ability. I think he's looked out of shape too.

I've been disappointed with him and Barry this past season, neither have been good enough. Barry went through a prolonged period of not playing well once, it was about four months.

When fit, I've been mightily impressed with Jack Rodwell. He's different to both Yaya and Barry but if they don't shake themselves up, Jack will be in the team. To be honest I think he deserves his chance to be if he's fit come the start of the season. He looks hungry to play well and do some damage at both ends of the pitch; a real box-to-box player.

Ireland_for_pm said:
paulgmurphyhumphries said:
I really fear for him next season. As more and more people finally wake up to reality, and how little he contributes. Over 46 years the thing I have noticed is how little CITY fans take to a lazy player. If we continue to be overun in midfield, especially in Europe the tide will quickly turn. It is no use saying he could play further forward, you still need to run and challenge, track back etc.

I do not understand how he was offered this contract, a big management mistake. He loves the club, so at least he will not cause a fuss when he is dropped early next season, Pelligrini, likes a busy midfield, maybe a bit part season, then off to New York is the plan.
Agreed I think he's shit personally.

Only 6 words....yet so insightful and constructive. This is surely what Blue moon is all about!

Great player but unfit. Not sure he has the willpower to bring box to box running into his game.

From what I have read about Pellegrini and Riquelme, Manuel takes no messing.

If he sees Yaya as a weak link in a game or if he is not pulling his weight he will drop him.

What Yaya needs is competition, and I hope Fernandinho can bring that to the team.

Caveman said:
Yaya is obviously a great player but his consistency of being a great player is below par. He's rarely poor but often plods along averagely for someone of his ability. I think he's looked out of shape too.

I've been disappointed with him and Barry this past season, neither have been good enough. Barry went through a prolonged period of not playing well once, it was about four months.

When fit, I've been mightily impressed with Jack Rodwell. He's different to both Yaya and Barry but if they don't shake themselves up, Jack will be in the team. To be honest I think he deserves his chance to be if he's fit come the start of the season. He looks hungry to play well and do some damage at both ends of the pitch; a real box-to-box player.
I disagree, I thought Gaz Baz had a pretty good season, his Southampton debacle apart.

I very much agree about your assessment of Rodwell although he lacks Barry's physical presence, certainly at the moment. It is this power, as well as that of Yaya that has been the reason our midfield has dominated so many games against our immediate rivals over the last two seasons and allowed our more creative players to express themselves more liberally as a result.

Most of our great performances in the last two years have featured Barry and Yaya as the bedrock of our attacking intent.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Caveman said:

I disagree, I thought Gaz Baz had a pretty good season, his Southampton debacle apart.

I very much agree about your assessment of Rodwell although he lacks Barry's physical presence, certainly at the moment. It is this power, as well as that of Yaya that has been the reason our midfield has dominated so many games against our immediate rivals over the last two seasons and allowed our more creative players to express themselves more liberally as a result.

Most of our great performances in the last two years have featured Barry and Yaya as the bedrock of our attacking intent.

Spot on assessment. The chink in Barry's armour though is his lack of mobility in the face of a high press. It wasn't just Southampton where he had a 'mare, but against Wigan, Dortmund, Madrid, Liverpool and Everton too. Otherwise though he had a very good season again. Tottenham away and Chelsea in the cup semi provided good examples of the two sides of Gaz Baz. For 65 minutes of both he was magnificent, but as soon as the opposition went 5 across the middle, with Dembele and Luiz respectively pushed right forward, we were over run and Barry in particular hassled into giving the ball away.

I'm loving these posts about Yaya - I though I was the only man City fan that thought he was lazy, uncommitted and defensively inept.

In short, one term to sum him up; prima donna. He needs a massive kick up the backside!!!

Imagine you are Tevez and the board goes up with your number on it, as you walk past Yaya on your way off who has been trotting round the pitch at half pace as though he doesn't give a sh*t, now that's demotivating .... These players can be very corrosive on team spirit; manager's favourites who can seemingly can get away with giving way less than their best but stay on the pitch, other favourites like Balotelli for example who can get up to all kinds of nonsense and let the team down again and again and keep getting the backing of the manager, while others get lambasted publicly for very little, sound familiar, no wonder some of the City players were waving Mancini off as he left !!

energylevels said:
I'm loving these posts about Yaya - I though I was the only man City fan that thought he was lazy, uncommitted and defensively inept.

In short, one term to sum him up; prima donna. He needs a massive kick up the backside!!!

Imagine you are Tevez and the board goes up with your number on it, as you walk past Yaya on your way off who has been trotting round the pitch at half pace as though he doesn't give a sh*t, now that's demotivating .... These players can be very corrosive on team spirit; manager's favourites who can seemingly can get away with giving way less than their best but stay on the pitch, other favourites like Balotelli for example who can get up to all kinds of nonsense and let the team down again and again and keep getting the backing of the manager, while others get lambasted publicly for very little, sound familiar, no wonder some of the City players were waving Mancini off as he left !!

Good Post, Demotivated me in the east stand aswell

yaya s attack has been the same this season its just his work rate and defence that has decreased just watch the 1-0 derby and he makes more tackles than I've seen him make all season

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballorgin.com/2012/05/manchester-city-1-0-manchester-united.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballorgin.com/2012/05/ma ... nited.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.