Yaya

All Yaya needs to do is get in shape..

Been watching the USA videos in the OS and his condition is shocking..

We will know in August how serious he is about our club, if he is in the same shape as he is now i will be worried..

yayas trusty right foot said:
All Yaya needs to do is get in shape..

Been watching the USA videos in the OS and his condition is shocking..

We will know in August how serious he is about our club, if he is in the same shape as he is now i will be worried..
I think he needs to switch "ON" mentally more then anything, in the last few games he haven´t seemed interested. That kind of energy can easily transmit to the rest of the team.

Tevez workrate puts Yaya´s to shame and hopefully Yaya could get a rest every now and then, don´t think it´s healthy to play as many games as he does without it affecting his performances.

People quick to say his conditioning looks off and it may be slightly, however he still has a massive change of speed when required and he actually showed that in our last game of the season against Norwich.

As stated by fellow Blue's, I agree it could be more to do with mentality and focus - as it seems to be reported Pellegrini is a very astute at improving this into his squads

Apologies if already raised but I wonder whether or not his attitude is due to his brother, Kolo's uncertain future. I believe they are close and I noticed yaya's lack of motivation began at a time when the press were trailing Kolo's departure this summer.
If so, Pellers needs to sort it out quickly. New contract for Kolo or sell well before the start of next season to give Yaya time to settle. At his best he's a world beater. At the end of the last season he was a hub for aimless passes.

Yaya can be a frightening unstoppable prospect especially going forward but the defensive part of his game can be embarrassing at times, he lets opposing players run past him on a regular basis without bothering to track them and have seen some absolute school boy marking from him from set pieces, sometimes when we lose possession he appears in no immediate rush to get back behind the ball as well !! -Unless he tightens up his game defensively, I don't see him as a holding midfielder. This season at times he has looked lethargic and uninterested, maybe carrying too much weight or not 100%, possibly carrying knocks?? I hope Pellegrini is strong enough to sub him when he's not pulling his weight - He seemed to be one of Mancini's untouchables .....

Oh one other thing when he decides to burst forward and go on one of his powerful runs if he gets tackled in or around the opposing team's penalty area and thinks he's been fouled he tends to lie-down for about 30-60 secconds .... very annoying for a supporter to watch!!

When he's good, he's very, very, very good, when he's bad, he's extremely frustrating to watch!!

JamesA said:
Woeful today and for large parts of this season. Sadly I feel we have a guy here who picks and chooses his games and his motivation levels based on when he can be arsed.

This season he has laboured and strolled around for too many games. With the right temperament this guy could be a beast, he could be a totally dominant Vieira-type midfielder who just dominates the midfield, instead we have a guy who lazily plods around, having 10-15 minute breaks in games where he disappears, then you get the MOTD-crew raving over him cos he does one moment - it's not enough for a centre-mid and it's one of the reasons we've been poor this year. Too many of our 'big name' players just strolling around half-arsed.

I couldn't agree more with what you say here .... it's been sooo frustrating this season to see Tevez subbed on a regular basis when he's working his you know whats off when players like Yaya are trotting round the pitch at a casual pace!!

I'm no fan of what Tevez did [unscheduled long golfing holiday] but his appetite, effort and commitment on the pitch are unquestionable!!

I really fear for him next season. As more and more people finally wake up to reality, and how little he contributes. Over 46 years the thing I have noticed is how little CITY fans take to a lazy player. If we continue to be overun in midfield, especially in Europe the tide will quickly turn. It is no use saying he could play further forward, you still need to run and challenge, track back etc.

I do not understand how he was offered this contract, a big management mistake. He loves the club, so at least he will not cause a fuss when he is dropped early next season, Pelligrini, likes a busy midfield, maybe a bit part season, then off to New York is the plan.

paulgmurphyhumphries said:
I really fear for him next season. As more and more people finally wake up to reality, and how little he contributes. Over 46 years the thing I have noticed is how little CITY fans take to a lazy player. If we continue to be overun in midfield, especially in Europe the tide will quickly turn. It is no use saying he could play further forward, you still need to run and challenge, track back etc.

I do not understand how he was offered this contract, a big management mistake. He loves the club, so at least he will not cause a fuss when he is dropped early next season, Pelligrini, likes a busy midfield, maybe a bit part season, then off to New York is the plan.
Agreed I think he's shit personally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.