yaya.....

paulgmurphyhumphries said:
Mancini, played him every game, and got the sack, I have a lot of respect for pelligrini but if he continues to lose the same ratio of games he will be gone too. I have been called a rag, dickhead and more for my opinion. I am not the only person who believes we cannot play with toure in midfield and win anything. Just try to forgt the ball next game and watch him when City are not in possession, very very poor.
Also I do read other posts and do not use it as a weapon if someone with athritis misses the i and hits the o, as they are next to each other on the keyboard.
Could've sworn we won the league and FA cup with him running the midfield,silly me.Idiot !

Also I do read other posts and do not use it as a weapon if someone with athritis misses the i and hits the o, as they are next to each other on the keyboard.

Pull the other one you festering turd. If you had arthritis then it would have been easier to replace the "o" with an "i" instead of typing it out again. You're fooling no one.

Mancini, played him every game, and got the sack, I have a lot of respect for pelligrini but if he continues to lose the same ratio of games he will be gone too. I have been called a rag, dickhead and more for my opinion. I am not the only person who believes we cannot play with toure in midfield and win anything. Just try to forgt the ball next game and watch him when City are not in possession, very very poor.
We have won things with him in midfield though. If we put him up for sale in January there would be at least a half dozen top ranked clubs in Europe who would pay around 30-35 million in order to put him in their midfield with the intention of winning something.
He has his faults, he's certainly not the perfect midfield player but your view that he's finished is so far off the mark that you will be called a rag and a dickhead off some.

Pablo Looking back 2 years, is not going to get us anywhere, he has been a good player. A squad player for barcelona and a starter for city. Maybe if I said.

He has great stamina
He challenges and wins many tackles
He, never ball watches, or lets midfielders run past him.
He wins many headers in either goalmouth.
His performances away from home are very consistent
Recently he is a standout performer in big games.

Is this the present day Yaya Toure, who after 30 is going to get better and better.

By the way who are the teams willing to pay 35 million for a 30 yr old yaya toure .

Pablo Looking back 2 years, is not going to get us anywhere, he has been a good player. A squad player for barcelona and a starter for city. Maybe if I said.

He has great stamina
He challenges and wins many tackles
He, never ball watches, or lets midfielders run past him.
He wins many headers in either goalmouth.
His performances away from home are very consistent
Recently he is a standout performer in big games.

Is this the present day Yaya Toure, who after 30 is going to get better and better.

By the way who are the teams willing to pay 35 million for a 30 yr old yaya toure .
At a guess I'd say Chelsea, Rags, PSG, Inter/AC Milan would all show an interest as well as some of the clubs like Anzhi/Monaco who have wealth but need somebody to show their intent.
The important part of your post which argues his weak points are valid, to a certain extent. He doesn't need great stamina, his game doesn't revolve around gut busting runs box to box. He's there to make us tick, keep possession and thread the kind of passes through to our forwards that most other midfielders wouldn't even see, let alone attempt. He doesn't win as many headers as he should, I've said as much myself and there are times when he allows his opponents the run on him.
The point you miss is that he isn't in the team to do these things and if you're expecting it from him then of course you'll look at his performances different.
Frankly anyone who doesn't see what he brings to us is likely stuck a few decades in the past. The fact you mentioned you're a football coach for many years gives the game away. I imagine you'd be more at home with a few long ball merchants who will at least run themselves into the ground every week - albeit unsuccessfully..

actually charles hughes was the fa guru when I did my coaching badges. I disagreed with his philosophy right the way through. It made it harder for me to pass the things I am sure. I was always a bayern, dortmund type mate.
Anyhow I hope to be proved wrong with toure in a 2 man midfield tearing bayern apart in a few weeks.

actually charles hughes was the fa guru when I did my coaching badges. I disagreed with his philosophy right the way through. It made it harder for me to pass the things I am sure. I was always a bayern, dortmund type mate.
Anyhow I hope to be proved wrong with toure in a 2 man midfield tearing bayern apart in a few weeks.
There aren't any teams capable of tearing Bayern apart with a two man midfield, regardless of who the two are. If we don't pack the midfield against them then I fear another comprehensive defeat, though I'd put every penny I have on Pellegrini not making the same mistake as last time.
YaYa won't ever be a Bayern or Dortmund player because he doesn't press the opposition quick enough. Luckily we don't utilise him in that way and therefore get the best out of him for the majority of the year.

Shirley said:
Actually I have been supporting Citeh since I was 4yrs old, was at Newcastle away, when we won the league. sat on the back of a tunnel in the scoreboard as a 5 yr old, in the platt lane when we returned to the old div 1, season ticket in the north stand at 12, 28 progressed to fighting utd fans in the kippax at 16 . travelled the land and the seas in the 80sand 90s.

Yaya Toure is over the hill ,we will continue to lose games with him in midfield, his legs have gone. He has scored under 30 league goals in 7 years, Doesnt give a shit about City, remember his threat to leave last year.
By the way to those idiots who replied to my last post so poorly, I was there when Colin Bell made his comeback against Newcastle, he was quicker on one leg than Toure on 2.
72 League away grounds watching City. Morons

Watching Citeh or City?
Difficult to believe a true Blue would insult Colin the King.

Colin Bell is the best player I have ever seen playing for CITY, Citeh is irony, dear, at the replies to my post.

I can assure you you will get a medal when you have watched them as many times as me.

So why "COLON Bell"? Is that irony too?<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:00 pm --<br /><br />
anyhow I am retiring from this place after 6 years. I have been to well over 1000 city games, my dad and his dad watched city all their lives,
All people do not swim in the flow.

Ah please don't go. You'll be sorely missed.

sir baconface said:
Shirley said:
Watching Citeh or City?
Difficult to believe a true Blue would insult Colin the King.

Colin Bell is the best player I have ever seen playing for CITY, Citeh is irony, dear, at the replies to my post.

Are you a rag because you are called baconface, I mis-typed pillock. I am sorry if it caused offence. Non was intended.
The point was if you had read it , that he was a much better player than toure. The only people who could disagree with that are those who did not see Bell play.

I can assure you you will get a medal when you have watched them as many times as me.

So why "COLON Bell"? Is that irony too?

-- Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:00 pm --

anyhow I am retiring from this place after 6 years. I have been to well over 1000 city games, my dad and his dad watched city all their lives,
All people do not swim in the flow.

Ah please don't go. You'll be sorely missed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.