yaya.....

if we need to tighten up, then push him on behind the striker. Play 2 of Garcia, Ferna, Rodwell, in a deeper role.. and then a 3 of yaya,silva,nasri,navas.

When he is on it he wins us games.

I'd play this away from home against a big team in the CL.

________________Aguero

____Nasri________Yaya________Silva

_________Garcia___Fernandinho

Kolarov__Nastasic__Kompany__Zabaleta

_________________Hart

Navas and Negredo on off the bench if need be. Yaya is too good on the counter to not play in a big away game imo, remember his performance against Madrid?

I agree that putting him in a midfield two to can be problematic, especially against teams that press high and/or retain a lot of possessiuon

Written about a year ago...

adrianr said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Just watching Football First and there have been a few instances where he could have got a loose ball but just stood there and watched it. However he seems to have had a decent game overall but there's no denying he can look a bit lazy.

Fair assessment. Looked lazy plenty of times today, but also manages to keep play ticking over well and chipped in with some great forward balls. I think that for as pivotal as he has been for us at a very difficult time in our squads development, he will ultimately be replaced with someone with similar technical ability but far far more mobile. A huge character and one without whom we never would have won the FA Cup nor the League, but perhaps one who's purpose, like Tevez, will diminish the better the rest of our squad becomes.

We realistically won't have much time with Yaya left now anyway. Age + possibility of a last bumper pay cheque somewhere could see him out of the door the summer after next.

I've maintained this position for ages. As much as I love the big man, the best City is not going to have Yaya in it.

blinkblue said:
I'd play this away from home against a big team in the CL.

________________Aguero

____Nasri________Yaya________Silva

_________Garcia___Fernandinho

Kolarov__Nastasic__Kompany__Zabaleta

_________________Hart

Navas and Negredo on off the bench if need be. Yaya is too good on the counter to not play in a big away game imo, remember his performance against Madrid?

I agree that putting him in a midfield two to can be problematic, especially against teams that press high and/or retain a lot of possessiuon

I prefer the one up front option too - especially away from home or for CL games. But I'd put Silva behind Aguero and Navas on the right (if he's in form) as his pace is perfect for counter attacking tactics. I'd also consider Milner alongside Ferdy instead of Garcia.

adrianr said:

adrianr said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Just watching Football First and there have been a few instances where he could have got a loose ball but just stood there and watched it. However he seems to have had a decent game overall but there's no denying he can look a bit lazy.

Fair assessment. Looked lazy plenty of times today, but also manages to keep play ticking over well and chipped in with some great forward balls. I think that for as pivotal as he has been for us at a very difficult time in our squads development, he will ultimately be replaced with someone with similar technical ability but far far more mobile. A huge character and one without whom we never would have won the FA Cup nor the League, but perhaps one who's purpose, like Tevez, will diminish the better the rest of our squad becomes.

We realistically won't have much time with Yaya left now anyway. Age + possibility of a last bumper pay cheque somewhere could see him out of the door the summer after next.

I've maintained this position for ages. As much as I love the big man, the best City is not going to have Yaya in it.

Bifuckinzarre post. That's like saying that the best City is not going to have Colin Bell in it. We play football in the present not in the future. The present City squad is the best I've seen in over 50 years of watching the Blues, and Yaya Toure is the best player in the squad.

Enjoy!

Lavinda Past said:
adrianr said:

adrianr said:

Bifuckinzarre post. That's like saying that the best City is not going to have Colin Bell in it. We play football in the present not in the future. The present City squad is the best I've seen in over 50 years of watching the Blues, and Yaya Toure is the best player in the squad.

Enjoy!

That's not quite what I mean, but there's little point in us getting into a 'No he isn't, yes he is' best player argument. I firmly believe once we've switched him out for someone who can combine his skill and control with stamina, everyone will be straight on here with many more of the few posts we've seen added to this thread after Bayern. And that team would beat the current team with Yaya at it's core - That's what I meant by a better City.

Lavinda Past said:
adrianr said:

adrianr said:

Enjoy!

Nothing bizarre about his comment at all.
We have difficulty controlling midfield against the more energetic/mobile opponents as this isn't an attribute Yaya excels in.
Subsequently,in certain games and situations,our team will operate far better without Yaya in favour of a player with similar abilities and industry to Fernandinho.

FantasyIreland said:
Lavinda Past said:
adrianr said:

Enjoy!

Nothing bizarre about his comment at all.
We have difficulty controlling midfield against the more energetic/mobile opponents as this isn't an attribute Yaya excels in.
Subsequently,in certain games and situations,our team will operate far better without Yaya in favour of a player with similar abilities and industry to Fernandinho.

Milner in the middle with Fernandinho and Yaya just further foward is surely the answer. Milner posesses a work rate up and down the pitch and in small spaces that not many footballers do. Then that would allow us to have a potential attacking quartet of Yaya, Silva, Nasri/Navas and then Aguero which would be frightnening for any defence. Add Negredo into that at points too...

I don't think Milner has the intelligence or discipline to play centrally against the top teams.Right now we don't have that second player in the squad.

FantasyIreland said:
I don't think Milner has the intelligence or discipline to play centrally against the top teams.Right now we don't have that second player in the squad.

Perhaps not- but as a short term fix. And Rodwell, who has potential, is just consistently injured. Milner was a central midfielder when he came to us, and whilst he was at Villa they were always pushing for top 4. If he could employ a De Jong esque role I think that could be the answer until we get someone with real quality. This would allow Fernandinho to play a bit more, and he has shown on several occassions he is a fantastic dribbler of the ball, and, as I mentioned, it would allow Yaya to push forward.

I also believe Milner is better centrally than on the wing, as his final ball can be incredibly hit and miss. Admittedly though, as a general rule his performances are pretty inconsistent, which would be an issue playing in the middle. But if it was alongside Fernandinho, and Yaya was just ahead, I think we could get away with some of the limitations to his game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.