yaya.....

Re: Yaya - World class

He was hardly inspiring today , and he should be given the 'world class' wages he takes from this club every week!

daxman said:
He has always commanded the respect of other players. I always laugh when I see the the "not captain material" comments.

I can assure you I don't laugh when he throws himself to the floor under the slightest of knocks or kicks out in petulant acts or backchats the ref......

No,definitely not a leader.

It doesn't matter how good he is. Why is he never benched?

Even world class players like iniesta, mata etc get benched.

Why is he always played every game apart from Carling cup for 3 years.

Its the weirdest thing...

I love Yaya but he is starting to become a player in which his position is becoming unknown. He mainly he needs to start influencing the team going forward with his typical driving runs and in defensive mode he needs to start looking less lethargic tracking back.

The Barcelona debate with him being a DFM for me is flawed, his defence was Messi, Xavi and Iniesta's possession as no team could rarely ever get the ball off them, he just ticked them over in defensive midfield threading them balls.

Barcelona also played with massive amounts of high intensity pressing during his time at the club, their strikers and midfielders did most of the dirty work if you ask me, the defenders were like sweepers.

The amount of defensive work cut out for him now compared to his Barca days has massively increased.

I don't think he has a the acceleration to be a reliable defensive midfielder. In my opinon Barry made him look wonderful sweeping up all the balls in deep in midfield to give him to let him be the player we want him to be: a box to box midfielder.

FantasyIreland said:
daxman said:
He has always commanded the respect of other players. I always laugh when I see the the "not captain material" comments.

I can assure you I don't laugh when he throws himself to the floor under the slightest of knocks or kicks out in petulant acts or backchats the ref......

No,definitely not a leader.
Have you noticed he doesn't do that when he is captain? He is the one settling fights, listening to the ref and calming other players down. He is always open to recieve a pass and literally covers more ground than anyone else on the team. You simply don't get to touch the ball 80 times a game whil your closest teammate touches it 64 times, and most average about 40 or below, unless you are working extremely hard.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:01 pm --<br /><br />
Blankomania said:

Because he is that much better than those behind him. Coaching CIty is a pressure cooker for coaches. They will rest great players when there is adequate back ups to them. Right now, we simply don't have a central midfielder who can work the field for 80 touches and complete over 90 percent of his passes, put in 4 tackles, 2 interceptions and 2 key passes to boot on what is deemed an average game. We simply don't have that player.

If any other of our midfielders did that, they'd win player of the week and have their picture up in the right corner over there ^^^.

Blankomania said:

Might be because as soon as we bench him he'll want out. He won't take it well. He'll then demand to leave for a top club who's manager will play him in his right position of an attacking midfielder.

knuckles said:
stats don't tell the whole story, Pellers should not have picked that team today, Yaya needs to play further forward, completely wasted trying to play him as a defensive midfielder, Garcia and Kolarov should never play for us again they wouldn't get into another team in the Prem, perhaps not even in the championship, Nasri should only play against opposition that do not play the physical game as he cannot stand to be touched, Navas and Zaba need to get their positions sorted, again today Zaba kept getting into the positions Navas should have been in, Rodwell looks like a fish out of water - but to be fair he hasn't had much football, Hart needs to stop kicking long especially against teams like Stoke who are good in the air. So much to sort out, I am not a Pellegrini hater but he picked the team - albeit we have some major injuries, but Boyata must be doing something really wrong in training for Garcia to be picked over him.

So we can just about pick a decent 5 a side team!

Blankomania said:

This is a good week for Yaya to have a rest and maybe in the bench against Plzen so he is fresh for the Rags.

IMHO the back to back years of ACON have battered Yaya's energy levels and he isn't getting younger. I want to see him fully fit for Sunday.

Tim of the Oak said:
Blankomania said:

This is a good week for Yaya to have a rest and maybe in the bench against Plzen so he is fresh for the Rags.

IMHO the back to back years of ACON have battered Yaya's energy levels and he isn't getting younger. I want to see him fully fit for Sunday.
You seriously want him on the bench at Plzen?

That's a big game for the club, and will affect our Premier League campaign. Win it and it will make preparation for future League matches much easier

Last season our bad start to the Group of Death undermined our Premier League start as we had to give everything in Champions League games which got tougher game by game. And it knocked morale too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.