yaya.....

Re: Yaya - World class

Marvin said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Blankomania said:
It doesn't matter how good he is. Why is he never benched?

Even world class players like iniesta, mata etc get benched.

Why is he always played every game apart from Carling cup for 3 years.

Its the weirdest thing...

This is a good week for Yaya to have a rest and maybe in the bench against Plzen so he is fresh for the Rags.

IMHO the back to back years of ACON have battered Yaya's energy levels and he isn't getting younger. I want to see him fully fit for Sunday.
You seriously want him on the bench at Plzen?

That's a big game for the club, and will affect our Premier League campaign. Win it and it will make preparation for future League matches much easier

Last season our bad start to the Group of Death undermined our Premier League start as we had to give everything in Champions League games which got tougher game by game. And it knocked morale too.

Yes the Derby is the bigger game for me. If Fernandinho is worth £30m then surely he is good enough to play in this one.

The bench also gives us the option of brining on Yaya in his better, attacking midfield, position later in the game.

He's not world class - he is one of the most over hyped players on the planet. World class players would get hold of the midfield and dictate the pace and the way the team perform.

When he wants to be up for it, probably as he will be next week then he is a great player but he is having to many games were he is unnoticable.

When we don't have posession at times he can actually be a liability.

He is better further forward were is poor defensive qualities arn't as important.

He isn't performing anywhere near his standard at the moment.

However the clamour for our two saviours Rodwell and Milner was answered yesterday and with no surprise to me, they were equally as shit.

Our midfield is just not functioning properly. It was a problem last season and it looks like it was is going to be again this season.

We have bought 11 players since we won the title spending £150m and I actually think that money could have been spent on 3/4 top quality players instead and we would be almost untouchable.

We dropped a bollock not pressing on when we won the title and we now appear to be going backwards and have been since Christmas.

Bit of a concern really.

He ran into Nasri twice yesterday (in a keystone cops manner)...who was head-up shielding himself and in posession of the ball....put all the stats in the world up and that still equals shit play. He done it cause he don't move (i'll come and take the ball off ya and give it you back immediatly which will involve me having to run 7yards-opposed to having to run 15/20 to create a stretch), did he ever...perhaps he did if you count the big charge forward but if that comes to nowt (i've seen him on that charge and pass the ball out of play without being challenged more than i've seen end product) then we're down to 10 men and better still he's no shame at all about pitter-pattering his feet to get back....such an artist is he at that trick he knows to do it in midfield so to not be seen to be stood-still. Fella's a cheat for my money.

Yaya is a lazy bastard,sometimes he can have a decent game while still being a lazy bastard. So in conclusion, he's a lazy bastard!

2 years ago yes - not since though. Mystified by the club offering him a 5 year contract extension at age 30 unless some sort of club ambassador role in Africa is envisaged towards the end given his standing there. Watched Wanyama for Southampton today and he reminded me of YaYa in previous seasons, powerful on the ball and energetic and determined in the tackle to win it back when West Ham had it. Yaya only playing on reputation right now.

Another untouchable as he's put in a number of good performances a few years ago. Theres a few dining out on these

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.