yaya.....

Pam said:
ChichesterBlue said:
Pam said:
Toure always plays and has since he signed. He has the engine for it. Ditto Ferna. What are you whinging about, ffs?

I'd love to see the opta stats on the ground that each of them covers. And re engine...one thing you can never question is Ferdy's engine...one thing that has always been a question mark with Yaya is his.

Doesn't matter. There are so many minutes of magic in him and so many important goals. He can look knackered for 85 of the 90 for all I care.

He has one or two minutes of brilliance each match...yesterday being a perfect example of most of this season's matches for Toure. Aside from the derby, he hasn't really bossed any game...popped up with an amazing pass/free kick etc during a game, but for a centre midfielder you need more. One of the worlds highest paid footballers I'd wanna see more than 1 free kick of magic per game....

Didn't notice it myself at the time as I was looking to the left of the pitch where CLichy slipped, but just watched motd and Richardson running past a strolling Yaya to pop in FUlham's first...says everything about him really. Brilliant one minute, contributes nothing the next 20. I'm dreading Ferdy trying to have to cover Liverpools midfield runners on his own on Boxing day - poor f*cker!

ChichesterBlue said:
Pam said:
ChichesterBlue said:
I'd love to see the opta stats on the ground that each of them covers. And re engine...one thing you can never question is Ferdy's engine...one thing that has always been a question mark with Yaya is his.

Doesn't matter. There are so many minutes of magic in him and so many important goals. He can look knackered for 85 of the 90 for all I care.

He has one or two minutes of brilliance each match...yesterday being a perfect example of most of this season's matches for Toure. Aside from the derby, he hasn't really bossed any game...popped up with an amazing pass/free kick etc during a game, but for a centre midfielder you need more. One of the worlds highest paid footballers I'd wanna see more than 1 free kick of magic per game....

Didn't notice it myself at the time as I was looking to the left of the pitch where CLichy slipped, but just watched motd and Richardson running past a strolling Yaya to pop in FUlham's first...says everything about him really. Brilliant one minute, contributes nothing the next 20. I'm dreading Ferdy trying to have to cover Liverpools midfield runners on his own on Boxing day - poor f*cker!

Man, how spoilt are some of our '' fans '' those days.

A crippled Yaya would walk into any given team in this league, any coach would give his left nut to have him, get a grip.

The thing bith Ya Ya is he can be a little lazy if you consider him a pure box to box midfielder. I dare say he covers as much ground as any in his position or he wouldn't be as popular with his team mates. If he was working less than required it would certainly be highlighted in team meeting and post game analysis.

He will be doing his bit, his body language is languid, he doesn't look busy. His positioning is 95% perfect, his reputation is 100% perfect. Teams Bayern asides avoid taking us on centrally at any cost.

He patrols the middle well, if teams lose the ball to us centrally both Ya Ya and now Fernandinho have the potential to lunch an attack that teams just can't handle.

We all have to remember, Boxing Day will be no different, we only play two traditional midfielders, most 3-5. We don't play a defensively minded midfielder or tradition right and left midfielders. Nasri and Silva are not a Milner, a Ljungberg or a Beckham, they work hard, they close down but they don't work the line like a traditional European winger/wide midfielder.

So this leaves a lot of work for our central 2. Our central 2 normally play against a 3.

Ya Ya will often look lazy because he is A, explosive going forwards and B, he is normally overloaded centrally as teams are scared to death of him. He is normally out numbered, yet will influence the game more than the two he's normally playing against.

One person highlighted Richardson's goal yesterday, is he now expected to cover their wide midfielders as well as the central 3 he was playing. Fair point if Parker, Sidwell or Karagounis had scored but sure Richardson is someone else's problem?

have to agree massively overrated and a liability in front of our defence i honestly think we should not play him away from home. We needs grafters in a defensive midfield role , yes he has moments of skill but he is one lazy so and so and its going to costs us .

He's not massively overrated at all!

He has his flaws, but find me a player who doesn't.

Yaya is currently the joint 3rd highest scorer in the entire Premier League and still the best box-to-box midfielder in the league.

His defensive side is comparatively weak, but that does not make him overrated at all. Any PL club but our own would kill to have him.

oliblue said:
have to agree massively overrated and a liability in front of our defence i honestly think we should not play him away from home. We needs grafters in a defensive midfield role , yes he has moments of skill but he is one lazy so and so and its going to costs us .
Cool, you managed to get a massively in as well.

He is capable in matching Frank Lampard's season goals tally and that certainly helped Chelsea with their trophy haul.

oliblue said:

FELLANI HAHA JONES HAHAHA CLEVERLY HAHA, go support your MID TABLE TEAM . YAYA pisses all over your midfield !!

oliblue said:

STFU !!!

oliblue said:

Nurse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.