Yaya's wage

SuperYaya

Why do journalists seem to accept him being on 200k+ a week as fact? To me it's just pure speculation not to mention that if you read this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2010/december/carlos-tevez-a-statement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/20 ... -statement</a>

it says

Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City Football Club.

That was published after Yaya joined, so either Tevez is on an even higher wage which has just been completely and utterly ignored for some reason or the 200k thing is complete BS.

It just grates me that this is something journalists get away with all the time. I know it's not very topical at the moment, but whatever.

City's wage ceiling is £198,000-per-week and this has been made clear over and over, some of the proper reporters (ie. not Custis types) use this figure regularly, but the rag newspapers like The Sun throw out the fabricated amounts.

Does anyone know what United's wage ceiling is? Both Shrek and Van Pursestrings are reported to be on over £200,000-per-week but hard to tell if it's the same media exaggerations.

It's a well known fact that Yaya has parity with the highest earner in the world. So if Barca decide to up Messi's wage to £300k a week, then Yaya's wage must change. It was in The Sun....................

wooney on more than him and nothing said about that

you have to let them talk crap in the media or fergie will take the press pass away
for bigging up man city or any player that does not play for utd

i think YAYA should get double for the goals he scored in big matches in the last couple of season that 1 player can turn around a game in 10 mins and turn a lost into a win and bring alot more glory to man city unlike wooney

I think it all stems from an article when we first signed him (probably in the Sun). The headline said that he was on 200k a week but when you looked at the details, what they did was look at his wages and bonuses over the contract and then worked out a weekly wage.

I remember Kiddo being questioned on it at the time and he said it was nonsense and would only happen if we won every trophy every year. Unfortunately, other lazy journalists only pick up the headline figure and the myth gets perpetuated.

I pointed this out to Rob Beasley once when he questioned whether Yaya was worth 200k a week (this was before everyone realised how good he really was) and noticed that the next time he was on Sunday Supplement he pulled up one of the other journos when they quoted a players salary.

SuperYaya said:
Why do journalists seem to accept him being on 200k+ a week as fact? To me it's just pure speculation not to mention that if you read this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2010/december/carlos-tevez-a-statement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/20 ... -statement</a>

it says

Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City Football Club.

That was published after Yaya joined, so either Tevez is on an even higher wage which has just been completely and utterly ignored for some reason or the 200k thing is complete BS.

It just grates me that this is something journalists get away with all the time. I know it's not very topical at the moment, but whatever.

I agree with you

I don't know how people believes what journo say especially the likes of daily shit , ....and that apply almost all news

there must be a law in any country against newspapers lies when it comes to this matters :)

To be fair though it is well known that at least half if not more of Yaya's wages goes to causes back in Ivory Coast. He tries to build things for the poorer people and I'm pretty sure he gives some to a church too.
He himself stated this somewhere (maybe City mag) when he first signed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.