Yes I am going to enjoy this thread.....Sven's signings

Brucie Bonus said:
You flatter yourself; which is to be expected, given that City needs must be ruined to slake your thirst for Hughes' head.

You're a fool.

And maybe people don't understand you because you don't make much sense.

moomba said:
Brucie Bonus said:
You flatter yourself; which is to be expected, given that City needs must be ruined to slake your thirst for Hughes' head.

You're a fool.

And maybe people don't understand you because you don't make much sense.

I think they understand me perfectly. I think they understand you perfectly: I do. Invite them to read the thread I linked to earlier, and let them judge.

Brucie Bonus said:
I think they understand me perfectly. I think they understand you perfectly: I do. Invite them to read the thread I linked to earlier, and let them judge.

Which thread?

moomba said:
Don't know why one always has to be played off against the other, but the op is absolutely correct. "Svens dross" were a much better bunch than they are given credit for.

One thing I will say about them is that because of the signings Sven made, we were able to play a totally different style of football, one that was much more pleasing on the eye and one that restored a lot of peoples faith in the club. If it wasn't for Svens signings I wonder if the Arabs would have been interested in buying the club, because we wouldn't have looked nearly as attractive to them with falling crowds and supporter disenchantment with the club.

And some of the football we played last season just had me shaking my head in amazement that I was watching the club I support play the way I never dreamed we would.

Bang on the Money

This Moomba geezer writes some good stuff

moomba said:
Brucie Bonus said:

Which thread?

Which thread? Oh, this one:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98890&p=1489834&hilit=Paradise+Lost#p1489834" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/vi ... t#p1489834</a>

which is the thread I posted a link to earlier in this thread, and which link you claim not to have seen, and, additionally you claim to have no knowledge about the subject to which this linked thread refers.

------------------------------------

I'll also help you out shall I, lest you claim (again) not to understand? In order then, and from the above linked thread from a couple of days ago:

------------------------------------

Your words:
As for being a Hughes hater, you've got that spot on.

To be honest I felt sick reading that article, and I still feel sick now. I'm convince we will be signing Bellamy and I think I'd be happy giving up all the money we have and all the potential money we'll spend in the future to get rid of this gutless, arrogant twat and put in someone I can feel proud of as a manager.[my emphasis]

Your words:
A year ago I remember being at games, unable to do anything but shake my head and smile and some of the brilliant football played by the people who are getting castigated by the supporters on here.

I can see that being broken down now for a hard working, solid, professional outfit with the most unlikeable person in charge of it.

It's not for me, I don't want to be a part of that. And with all the money in the world I think I deserve more. [my emphasis]

Me:
Finally.

You:
Finally what?

Me:
You are revealed in all your glory. Better to reign in hell eh? I'm sure you'll point to "I think" and build your defence upon that.

You:
What are you talking about?

Me:
Well, your attitude reminded me of a character in Paradise Lost, and a bloke I once knew - Pyrrhus, King of Epirus. Anyway, I'll repost what you wrote that caused me to comment, "finally". Here it is:

"As for being a Hughes hater, you've got that spot on.

To be honest I felt sick reading that article, and I still feel sick now. I'm convince we will be signing Bellamy and I think I'd be happy giving up all the money we have and all the potential money we'll spend in the future to get rid of this gutless, arrogant twat and put in someone I can feel proud of as a manager."

The fact that you would even entertain such a thing so that YOU could be proud is almost, almost beyond belief. But, like I said, better to reign in hell than serve in heaven, right?

[that, Moomba, is the remarkable statement put into Lucifer's mouth by the hand of Milton, PL, Book I, line 263]

You:
Sorry, you've lost me.

Me:
No Moomba - smartest man on the forum - I haven't lost you at all. You know exactly what you said, and why you said it.

You:
OK then, if it makes you happy.

Me:
You're prepared to sacrifice the financial security and all that can bring after years of City being a basket case and playing second fiddle to all and sundry, just so YOU can "feel" proud. Now you keep posting claiming you can't understand what I am talking about.

Or were you just blowing off steam and didn't really mean it? Did you mean it when you said you hate Hughes? Or was that just blowing off steam as well.

Don't forget to exculpate yourself from the charge by pointing to your "I think" language in the original post will you?

You:
Yes, I don't need City to be successful or rich to enjoy the club. I meant it, but I've hated him for ages. You're being confusing again. Do you have a problem with someone having an opinion, and saying so?

Me:
moomba: why do you think none of your chums is leaping to your defence viz hatred of hughes / see City broke (again)?

You:
I don't really care if people agree with me or not.

Cheltblue said:
moomba said:
Don't know why one always has to be played off against the other, but the op is absolutely correct. "Svens dross" were a much better bunch than they are given credit for.

One thing I will say about them is that because of the signings Sven made, we were able to play a totally different style of football, one that was much more pleasing on the eye and one that restored a lot of peoples faith in the club. If it wasn't for Svens signings I wonder if the Arabs would have been interested in buying the club, because we wouldn't have looked nearly as attractive to them with falling crowds and supporter disenchantment with the club.

And some of the football we played last season just had me shaking my head in amazement that I was watching the club I support play the way I never dreamed we would.

Bang on the Money

This Moomba geezer writes some good stuff

Oh, he certainly does.

Oh dear. You're still going on about that. What does that have to do with Svens signings?

Anyway, seeing as you brought it up, money, and success isn't so important to me that I would like to see the club turned into something it's not. You might feel differently, thats up to you.

But maybe it's time you get over it, and obsess about someone or something else. Quite sad really.

moomba said:
Oh dear. You're still going on about that.

Money, and success isn't so important to me that I would like to see the club turned into something it's not.

Maybe it's time you get over it.

Maybe it's time you got over yourself. You try (did you sigh whilst typing?) again to reduce this to something of no import, little beer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.