Yes or No. Do you think we'll win the PL next season?

Lets go shopping first at least five players needed IMO.
Then ask me.

-- Tue May 21, 2013 11:32 am --

Kun Aguero said:
If the rumours are true that we'll sign Fernandinho and Isco but losing Tevez with Pelle the boss, Chelsea recalling Essien, signing Schurle with Mourinho the boss and Moysey replacing Fergie and signing Fellani then I can't see us finishing top 2 but with some decent signings then maybe, I see Chelsea as faveys.
Mmmhhhmmm! MOYSEY!!

No.

Adjustment period. Pellegrini's first season in a new league, along with wholesale squad changes.

I think the title is between Chelsea and depending on who Wenger signs, it could be the Gunners perfect opportunity to Carpe Diem.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Am I being pessimistic or realistic if I say 'No'?

My fear is currently we have simply to many variables going into next season for all of them to fall in our favour over what our rivals offer.

Let's start with our squad. I for one with the events of the current week am struggling to think of any players, other than Silva, Zabaleta, Nastasic, Hart and Clichy, who I want to keep who we are certain to keep!

Aguero- Bound to be sold to Madrid or swapped for Falcao!

Dzeko- I like him but I think he wants out. Cavani would be nice as a replacement

Tevez- Now love or hate him, his departure, other than the purchase of Suarez, will be the biggest miss.

Yaya- I don't think his heart is in it and the novelty of the contract will soon be forgotten once Kolo leaves and his agent starts talking to the papers!

Nasri- There must be a player in there somewhere but he appears to have forgot how to play and I would look to replace.

Rodwell- Good on Sunday but I am not convinced he would get near the Chelsea team even with an injury free run. Here's hoping but I am not optimistic.

Garcia- Yes, Garcia! Umh, Not for me I am afraid. A backward step he was.

Sinclair- If he has not been mentally scared by his blood clot and bench warming duties, he could be the surprise of the season, however I did say surprise and that's what it would be!

Barry- A good servant, but if he starts 30 games or more next season then we will have had a poor summer for transfers.

Milner- Every squad needs a Milner. We have got ours however as to what squad we have come August who knows?

Richards- Not for me. A more limited technical footballer (other than my missus) I am struggling to think of! His display against Norwich was the best example I have ever seen of the dangers of letting people become footballers based on athletic ability rather than footballing technique. In short a powerful fast bloke who can't play football for toffee. He can't pass, cross, shoot or even stand up! His clumsiness is akin to a circus clown and he was liable in all 3 of Norwich's goals and should be sold to any offer over 20 quid.

Lescott- A Good servant but once again he is getting no younger and he certainly doesn't have the footballing ability of a Luiz or Cahill.

Kolorov- Just needs to go elsewhere. Square Peg in a Round Hole.

Kompany- The recent pictures of VK kind of say it all. It is clear there has been some major fall outs in that squad and I suspect that if VK sees some of those he no longer respects are still there in early August then he himself won't be there come late August.

Pants- Sad to see him go. In short the club let him down more that he ever let City down. Good look to him in the future.

Add to this a new manager and for me there is just too much going on for a settled team to emerge come August. As a result of that we will lose too many games early on searching for a system that matches whatever we have assembled come the season start. These loses will probably be at least 4 or 5 by Christmas and add a few draws to the mix and the gap will simply be too big come May next year. Sad really as if these players had stopped sulking and just concentrated on playing rather than getting their manager sacked we could have won both this year and next at a canter.

My prediction next year is

Chelsea 86 Points
United 84 Points
City 78 Points
Liverpool 74 Points
Yeh mate look on the bright side ay!

MaineRoadBlue said:
Am I being pessimistic or realistic if I say 'No'?

My fear is currently we have simply to many variables going into next season for all of them to fall in our favour over what our rivals offer.

Let's start with our squad. I for one with the events of the current week am struggling to think of any players, other than Silva, Zabaleta, Nastasic, Hart and Clichy, who I want to keep who we are certain to keep!

Aguero- Bound to be sold to Madrid or swapped for Falcao!

Dzeko- I like him but I think he wants out. Cavani would be nice as a replacement

Tevez- Now love or hate him, his departure, other than the purchase of Suarez, will be the biggest miss.

Yaya- I don't think his heart is in it and the novelty of the contract will soon be forgotten once Kolo leaves and his agent starts talking to the papers!

Nasri- There must be a player in there somewhere but he appears to have forgot how to play and I would look to replace.

Rodwell- Good on Sunday but I am not convinced he would get near the Chelsea team even with an injury free run. Here's hoping but I am not optimistic.

Garcia- Yes, Garcia! Umh, Not for me I am afraid. A backward step he was.

Sinclair- If he has not been mentally scared by his blood clot and bench warming duties, he could be the surprise of the season, however I did say surprise and that's what it would be!

Barry- A good servant, but if he starts 30 games or more next season then we will have had a poor summer for transfers.

Milner- Every squad needs a Milner. We have got ours however as to what squad we have come August who knows?

Richards- Not for me. A more limited technical footballer (other than my missus) I am struggling to think of! His display against Norwich was the best example I have ever seen of the dangers of letting people become footballers based on athletic ability rather than footballing technique. In short a powerful fast bloke who can't play football for toffee. He can't pass, cross, shoot or even stand up! His clumsiness is akin to a circus clown and he was liable in all 3 of Norwich's goals and should be sold to any offer over 20 quid.

Lescott- A Good servant but once again he is getting no younger and he certainly doesn't have the footballing ability of a Luiz or Cahill.

Kolorov- Just needs to go elsewhere. Square Peg in a Round Hole.

Kompany- The recent pictures of VK kind of say it all. It is clear there has been some major fall outs in that squad and I suspect that if VK sees some of those he no longer respects are still there in early August then he himself won't be there come late August.

Pants- Sad to see him go. In short the club let him down more that he ever let City down. Good look to him in the future.

Add to this a new manager and for me there is just too much going on for a settled team to emerge come August. As a result of that we will lose too many games early on searching for a system that matches whatever we have assembled come the season start. These loses will probably be at least 4 or 5 by Christmas and add a few draws to the mix and the gap will simply be too big come May next year. Sad really as if these players had stopped sulking and just concentrated on playing rather than getting their manager sacked we could have won both this year and next at a canter.

My prediction next year is

Chelsea 86 Points
United 84 Points
City 78 Points
Liverpool 74 Points

Sorry, did we finish second or second from bottom with that squad?

Yes.

Look at the 'problems' we had this last season and still finished second. So I'm expecting an improvement and first place again. Chelsea for me would most likely threaten with the Mourinio effect.

I'm hoping to goodness Moyes continues his ability to win nothing year after year.

ErnieBilko said:
Yes.

Look at the 'problems' we had this last season and still finished second. So I'm expecting an improvement and first place again. Chelsea for me would most likely threaten with the Mourinio effect.

I'm hoping to goodness Moyes continues his ability to win nothing year after year.

same can be said for pellegrini tbf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.