York City v Manchester City 19-12-1998

Respect to all City fans who made that trip. In that era my away trips were confined to the midlands and the delights of Shrewsbury Town's Gay Meadow and Walsall's Fellows Park (RIP those grounds). But my lowest point ad aCity fan wasn't away, it was the loss at home to Bury (RIP that club).
RIP to Bootham Crescent also as it is set for demolition and the inevitable move to a 'modern' stadium in an out of town retail park.

I was definitely there, but unlike an earlier defeat at Lincoln, I remained upbeat, and still reasonably confident that everything would turn out okay. From memory the new signing Andy Morrison had made a huge impact, but missed this game injured.
I'm also pretty sure that United suffered an embarassing defeat, the same afternoon, and we were desperate for any consoling straw of comfort.

I’ll explain my theory again.

This wasn’t the acid test of City fans. We weren’t in our lowest position ever when people decided to go. We dropped to our lowest position ever as a result of losing at York.

Therefore, the true test of faith was deciding to go to Wrexham for the next game. Given that it was a Boxing Day as well makes the effort of going to Wrexham all the more worthy of respect.

I’ll explain my theory again.

This wasn’t the acid test of City fans. We weren’t in our lowest position ever when people decided to go. We dropped to our lowest position ever as a result of losing at York.

Therefore, the true test of faith was deciding to go to Wrexham for the next game. Given that it was a Boxing Day as well makes the effort of going to Wrexham all the more worthy of respect.
100 percent correct for 2 reasons
1- you are clearly correct logically
2- I didn’t go to York but did go to Wrexham..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.