Yorkshire Cricket Club

Oh yes it does.

For a racist anti-semite like Azeem to accuse others of being racist towards him is exceptionally hypocritical.

What's that I hear? But he said those comments when he was younger? Well surprise surprise, so did the individuals he has accused. They aren't absolved and now neither is he.

Should racism in cricket be investigated? Absolutely. Should it be addressed and eradicated? Absolutely. Should Azeem Rafiq's accounts be given ANY credit or acknowledgement after it has been proven he too was guilty in the exact same behaviour he has accused others of doing to him? Absolutely fucking not.

He's an antisemite who was racist to others and is now crying about receiving racist abuse himself. Goose and gander spring to mind in his case. He deserves no more attention on this subject. He's not the poster boy of addressing racism in sport some are still clinging on to. He's raised an important issue, yes, but after this revelation, his part is the conversation is over. Why should we acknowledge a racists opinion about racism in sport?
Spot on.

Oh yes it does.

For a racist anti-semite like Azeem to accuse others of being racist towards him is exceptionally hypocritical.

What's that I hear? But he said those comments when he was younger? Well surprise surprise, so did the individuals he has accused. They aren't absolved and now neither is he.

Should racism in cricket be investigated? Absolutely. Should it be addressed and eradicated? Absolutely. Should Azeem Rafiq's accounts be given ANY credit or acknowledgement after it has been proven he too was guilty in the exact same behaviour he has accused others of doing to him? Absolutely fucking not.

He's an antisemite who was racist to others and is now crying about receiving racist abuse himself. Goose and gander spring to mind in his case. He deserves no more attention on this subject. He's not the poster boy of addressing racism in sport some are still clinging on to. He's raised an important issue, yes, but after this revelation, his part is the conversation is over. Why should we acknowledge a racists opinion about racism in sport?

My man.

Can someone explain the “Steve” apology, please?

Is “Steve” another “code name,” like “Kevin” is supposed to be?

Oh yes it does.

Spot on

What a load of bollocks. The whole fucking thing.

I disagree.
It’s a mess and all a bit embarrassing.
But , going forward - sports clubs and athletes and perhaps in the wider world may reflect on all this and know that using ‘p*ki’ and other derogatory racist terms even if it’s ‘banter’ is simply unacceptable

I disagree.
It’s a mess and all a bit embarrassing.
But , going forward - sports clubs and athletes and perhaps in the wider world may reflect on all this and know that using ‘p*ki’ and other derogatory racist terms even if it’s ‘banter’ is simply unacceptable

You really believe this will stop that?

It seems you were right Octavian to pause before sanctifying Rafiq. Undoubtedly he has been extremely brave but he also has to accept his racist language and one hopes the devastating effects he has faced serves to show him words do matter.

As to those gleefully seeking to exonerate Yorkshire and the ECB, you clearly don't understand what institutional and systemic racism mean. Best look it up.

Young lads do say and do stupid things at a young age and therefore Robinson should have not faced the penalty he did but some ongoing education on the power of words and the fact that usually if you say racist things then quite often it's the case you are thinking them - the same applied to Azeem as well.

We all do daft things when young but an important factor at YCCC is how the senior players not only let the culture develop but at time with r joined in or by not condemning it - end up condoning it. People like Vaughan and Root etc. It's up to parents to correct their children and that's why I have some sympathy with Brooks who it appears just joined in but presumably wouldn't have in senior players had said this is not on.
So we know YCC is institutionally racist and we know the ECB is hardly fit for purpose, we know Rafiq has been through a hellish experience and still is, we know he has blemished his copy book but what about the England dressing room? If the "Kevin" story is true then the England dressing room (or at last a good part of it) are playing cricket against teams entirely composed of brown and black people who they refer to as Kevin and think are obviously inferior. That in itself is a scandal given there are experienced and mature men in there...albeit with a strong Yorkshire influence.

It's not too long ago Buttler (who I love as a player) was taking the piss out of the Indian culture. Did he think Kohli and his team were Kevins?
Cannot believe nobody has liked this post. I completely agree with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.