You can't be offside from.......

spendmorethanerikson

A GOAL KICK!

The number of people at the game yesterday in my block (102) that were slating the linesman for offside when a goal kick had been taken by Wolves was unbelievable. Im practically talking half of the block!

When i tried to tell a couple of the people around me that were shouting to the linesman, that you can't be offside from a goal kick, i got the same response from them being 'of course you can be offside from a goal kick!' and then looked at the people sat next to them bemused as though i was the idiot.

I hope fellow bluemooners who didn't know have learnt something.
Thanks
Rant over!

C17Y AS said:
A GOAL KICK!

The number of people at the game yesterday in my block (102) that were slating the linesman for offside when a goal kick had been taken by Wolves was unbelievable. Im practically talking half of the block!

When i tried to tell a couple of the people around me that were shouting to the linesman, that you can't be offside from a goal kick, i got the same response from them being 'of course you can be offside from a goal kick!' and then looked at the people sat next to them bemused as though i was the idiot.

I hope fellow bluemooners who didn't know have learnt something.
Thanks
Rant over!

try watching rugby, no one knows the rules, including the players

Same discussions in the north stand. It is funny when someone is swearing blind they are right when most know they are wrong!

conormcfc said:
Did they not watch the England/Germany game at the world cup? I'm sure some people just watch City games and that's it.

is that the "other" game that proved that it doesn't matter whether a ball crosses the line- the politics will decide whether a goal is given by bent officials?

I sit in 102 and even heard someone shout for offside from a throw-in, so you've no chance with the goal kick scenario.

It's never been changed, maybe you didn't know the rules.
There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:-
a goal kick
a throw-in
a corner kick

NZBlue said:
conormcfc said:
Did they not watch the England/Germany game at the world cup? I'm sure some people just watch City games and that's it.

is that the "other" game that proved that it doesn't matter whether a ball crosses the line- the politics will decide whether a goal is given by bent officials?
Yes. That's the one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.