You can't be offside from.......

C17Y AS said:
A GOAL KICK!

The number of people at the game yesterday in my block (102) that were slating the linesman for offside when a goal kick had been taken by Wolves was unbelievable. Im practically talking half of the block!

When i tried to tell a couple of the people around me that were shouting to the linesman, that you can't be offside from a goal kick, i got the same response from them being 'of course you can be offside from a goal kick!' and then looked at the people sat next to them bemused as though i was the idiot.

I hope fellow bluemooners who didn't know have learnt something.
Thanks
Rant over!

Well I didn't know that! They say you learn something every day!!

Of course you can be offside from a goal kick.
That's why defenders push up when one is taken.

If you weren't teams would have players near the oppositions box when taken one.

bigmalsfedora said:
correct,you can not be offside from a goal kick its been that way since offsides were introduced into the game.....check out the laws of the game,available at thefa.com

I bet Adebayor could test this theory.

Bluebee2 said:
It's never been changed, maybe you didn't know the rules.
There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:-
a goal kick
a throw-in
a corner kick
i think Dave Ewing is right
back in 'our' day you could be offside from a goal-kick, i think it changed late 80s early 90s

mad zab said:
Of course you can be offside from a goal kick.
That's why defenders push up when one is taken.

If you weren't teams would have players near the oppositions box when taken one.

ox3L7Y

kh7IN.png

C17Y AS said:
MadZab

Please,
Please,
Please,
Please,

CHECK THE RULES!!

That's always been the rule as far as I have known.

The old Liverpool and Arsenal teams always pushed up high at goal kicks and caught players offside.

If it isn't so why do officials still give offside?
It happened eventually in the second half yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.