mad zab said:
C17Y AS said:
MadZab

Please,
Please,
Please,
Please,

CHECK THE RULES!!

That's always been the rule as far as I have known.

The old Liverpool and Arsenal teams always pushed up high at goal kicks and caught players offside.

If it isn't so why do officials still give offside?
It happened eventually in the second half yesterday.
No it didn't. Not directly from a goal kick anyway.

conormcfc said:
mad zab said:
That's always been the rule as far as I have known.

The old Liverpool and Arsenal teams always pushed up high at goal kicks and caught players offside.

If it isn't so why do officials still give offside?
It happened eventually in the second half yesterday.
No it didn't. Not directly from a goal kick anyway.

once again check the rules.....you CANNOT be offside from a goal kick!!

or a backpass.If you are stood in an offside position when one of your players play it to you and it deflects off a defender,you are STILL off.
In the early days,about the 20's there had to be 3 opponents and not 2 like now,whether its keeper and defender,or 2 defenders if the keeper is elsewhere.

It looks like from the rules posted above that you can't be offside from a goal kick, so my understanding is wrong.

Why then do officials still give offside for this offence (second half yesterday near the dugouts Doyle was given offside from a goal kick and big cheer went up).

Also why don't teams push their forwards to within 5 yards of the penalty box and stretch the game? Especially when we were being closed down by the wolves forwards at goal kicks.

mad zab said:
It looks like from the rules posted above that you can't be offside from a goal kick, so my understanding is wrong.

Why then do officials still give offside for this offence (second half yesterday near the dugouts Doyle was given offside from a goal kick and big cheer went up).

Also why don't teams push their forwards to within 5 yards of the penalty box and stretch the game? Especially when we were being closed down by the wolves forwards at goal kicks.

Pretty sure Doyle was offside from a free kick taken by the 'keeper, not a goal kick.

I am not surprised in the slightest, it just confirms what I already know the majority of fans have never played any form of competitive football and have very limited knowledge of the game in general, we really do have some clowns who support our club but I suppose you could say that about every clubs supporters

mad zab said:

It was a free kick not a goal kick i think.

mad zab said:
Because no keeper could possibly reach them standing there from a goal kick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.