"You can't polish a turd"

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I work as a maintenance engineer and since May when I had the Monday after THE DAY off everyone in the buildinjg knows im a City fan. Funnily enough I didnt know the Chef who works there was a rag until today (funny that). So walk in to get my breakfast
Chef "Did you enjoy yesterday mate"
Me "not really no"
Chef "Its good to know we will get our title back"
Me "arent you a londoner"
Chef "Yes but I started supporting Utd about 20 years ago"
Me "Oh right how many games you been to then"
Chef "Why would I go up there"
Me "See you later plastic man"
I knew he was a cock he just confirmed it today, I have forgotten more about football in the last 40 seconds than he probably has ever known

Just remind him in May pal.

To be honest mate I was good last year I have lots of utd fans as mates its a legacy of living down south all my days. I was very nice last year didnt say anything after 1-6 or 1-0 or final day. few things hear or there later on in the summer when they needed putting in there place but decent about it in almost everyway. Once that final whistle went yesterday I could name the 4 people that I would hear from and within 30 mins they had all chipped in. Didnt rise to it though, it shows me something in a big way these days. Wouldnt of heard anything 5 years ago now its like they have won the universe cup

They are twats. They have such massive form for this kind of thing. They will come an absolute cropper like they did last year.

Re: "You can't polish a turd"

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I work as a maintenance engineer and since May when I had the Monday after THE DAY off everyone in the buildinjg knows im a City fan. Funnily enough I didnt know the Chef who works there was a rag until today (funny that). So walk in to get my breakfast
Chef "Did you enjoy yesterday mate"
Me "not really no"
Chef "Its good to know we will get our title back"
Me "arent you a londoner"
Chef "Yes but I started supporting Utd about 20 years ago"
Me "Oh right how many games you been to then"
Chef "Why would I go up there"
Me "See you later plastic man"
I knew he was a cock he just confirmed it today, I have forgotten more about football in the last 40 seconds than he probably has ever known

start checking your food

something ive just thought of..with them taking 3pts of us unlike last year....IF we were to win the league this year it would be even MORE of an achievement.

didnt fergie/some utd pundits come out and say that we only won the league because of those 2 victories and that over the course of the season they had actually been better (or something like that)???????????????

onward and upwards...yesterday has just confirmed to me that we are still the better footballing team....we just need to be a bit more ruthless

didn`t we used to get giddy whenever we beat the champions?

i ask them do they miss taking the piss out of bury and stockport beating us...

their season just consists of two games now...

Re: "You can't polish a turd"

I never gloat at work; it has a tendency to bite you on the arse.
The scum fans have also been very quiet of late and no doubt will continue to be so. Mainly because they know they have had their day in the sunshine so to speak.

Tell you what, they fear us now.

Their reaction to beating us like that is one I've not seen before in my lifetime. Very much like us winning the league last year. Genuinely. All of the traits we've had the piss taken out of us for over the last 3-4 years have transferred to them just like that. Nothing was won last year, just the one game.

I just wish we'd have held out for a draw or even nicked it, they'd be suicidal...again. For me now, we've just got to crack on and get a good run going. Like they did after the 6-1. They might drop a few points here and there and we can just carry on hopefully.

They know they were lucky.I still feel really aggrieved today about the result because i know we could have and should have destroyed them.Taking the positives out off it though.i think this result was coming for a while.Just sad it had to come at their hands.But come what May we might look back laughing our bollocks off and say that was the result that gave us the kick up the arse we needed,that was the result that sent us on our mammoth run to retain our title.Little did you daft RAG cnuts realize yes we lost that battle.But losing that battle ensured we would regroup and win the war,not so fucking funny now is it ? ( i hope obviously)

I actually employ a rag and he really isn't a bad human being although being from the East Midlands he's a natural Red. We rub along and I take the piss out of him more than the other way round (but then I am the boss). But our conclusion on the game was pretty much the same - pretty even, they got the breaks and won. If we'd have got the breaks we'd have won. We've had plenty of games in our two-year run when we should have lost (Sunderland, Spurs) but got the sweet end of the lollipop so it was bound to happen some time.

Because of the even-ness of the contest it doesn't hurt quite so badly. I hate it most when we are inferior and lose. The worst recent one for me was losing to a last minute Scholes goal a couple of years back. That hurt far more than the 4-3 at the swamp. It's quite funny when we're second best and still win (the year when Giovanni helped beat them 1-0). But it's best of all when we are simply better. That happened twice last year, just not yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.