You could see Mourinho's eyes light up

While at the game I thought we clearly went to 352 / 532 after Dzeko came on for Silva, but I've just watched it back and as another poster mentioned earlier, we actually played this shape the whole of the second half. Andy Townshend didn't notice until 5 minutes to go, but watch it back and it's obvious.

If anyone can watch that second half and say that Maicon was operating in the same role as Clichy in the second half but on the opposite side, then they are on heavy drugs. Maicon was pushed much further up the field, and Clichy was far too narrow to be a left back in a back 4, he was the left centre half.

There were lots of occasions when we were under the kosh throughout the second half you can clearly see we're defending with 5 across the back, long before Zaba came on.

Similarly, if anyone can possibly argue we were still playing 451 second half and that Silva was playing the same role as Kolarov but on the opposite side, they must be delusional. Silva was far more central, playing off Tevez, and I didn't see him making too many challenges on the edge of our box in front of Maicon in the second half! On the flip side, Kolarov made a few decent challenges near / in our box, he was far more up and down and wide than Silva who was playing through the middle and not getting back to defend.

We got battered playing 451 in the first half and we were far better in the second half playing 352 / 532. We created far more chances second half, and matched Madrid all over the field and gave them a great game. On the second half alone we deserved to possibly win the game, and get at least a point.

For people to suggest the reason we didn't win was because of the change to the team shape when Zaba came on is absolute bollocks because
1. We'd changed to that shape long before Zaba had come on
2. We played far better in that shape than we did in the first half using a different system

The three we conceded were down to a lucky deflection, a piece of brilliance from Benzema (although some may have a valid claim that Nasti wasn't tight enough), and a weird mix up between Kompany and Hart on the 3rd.

They were all preventable goals, but none were really down to the fact we had 3 centre halves, on the contrary, Madrid actually created more dangerous clear cut chances in the first half when we had 4 at the back!

why so sensitive? of course you're not retards

still. Thinking we lost because of the formation switch is moronic

Kurple said:
why so sensitive? of course you're not retards

still. Thinking we lost because of the formation switch is moronic

gardenspade.jpg

Shaelumstash said:
While at the game I thought we clearly went to 352 / 532 after Dzeko came on for Silva, but I've just watched it back and as another poster mentioned earlier, we actually played this shape the whole of the second half. Andy Townshend didn't notice until 5 minutes to go, but watch it back and it's obvious.

If anyone can watch that second half and say that Maicon was operating in the same role as Clichy in the second half but on the opposite side, then they are on heavy drugs. Maicon was pushed much further up the field, and Clichy was far too narrow to be a left back in a back 4, he was the left centre half.

There were lots of occasions when we were under the kosh throughout the second half you can clearly see we're defending with 5 across the back, long before Zaba came on.

Similarly, if anyone can possibly argue we were still playing 451 second half and that Silva was playing the same role as Kolarov but on the opposite side, they must be delusional. Silva was far more central, playing off Tevez, and I didn't see him making too many challenges on the edge of our box in front of Maicon in the second half! On the flip side, Kolarov made a few decent challenges near / in our box, he was far more up and down and wide than Silva who was playing through the middle and not getting back to defend.

We got battered playing 451 in the first half and we were far better in the second half playing 352 / 532. We created far more chances second half, and matched Madrid all over the field and gave them a great game. On the second half alone we deserved to possibly win the game, and get at least a point.

For people to suggest the reason we didn't win was because of the change to the team shape when Zaba came on is absolute bollocks because
2. We played far better in that shape than we did in the first half using a different system

The three we conceded were down to a lucky deflection, a piece of brilliance from Benzema (although some may have a valid claim that Nasti wasn't tight enough), and a weird mix up between Kompany and Hart on the 3rd.

They were all preventable goals, but none were really down to the fact we had 3 centre halves, on the contrary, Madrid actually created more dangerous clear cut chances in the first half when we had 4 at the back!
nobody is disputing that they were the better side first half. They are a better team and they were pressing us high uo the park, and we couldnt settle. But We had weathered the storm, got on top and gone ahead. I don't care about this 'clichy tucked in' point which two of you made. We changed the formation to 352 outright when zab came on. That's why he signalled. It was clear as day.

That's why a huge fucking gap opened up on their left flank and vinny had to keep coming across to try to cover. And that's why they suddenly started to
Find a load of space down there. And we conceded goals.

The point is simple. It was the wrong change at the wrong time. It opened up the flanks and Madrid took advantage.

Didsbury Dave said:
Shaelumstash said:

nobody is disputing that they were the better side first half. They are a better team and they were pressing us high uo the park, and we couldnt settle. But We had weathered the storm, got on top and gone ahead. I don't care about this 'clichy tucked in' point which two of you made. We changed the formation to 352 outright when zab came on. That's why he signalled. It was clear as day.

That's why a huge fucking gap opened up on their left flank and vinny had to keep coming across to try to cover. And that's why they suddenly started to

The point is simple. It was the wrong change at the wrong time. It opened up the flanks and Madrid took advantage.
Have you thought that maybe this had more to do with Maicon going off and Zabaleta coming on? You know the actual change in personal rather than any formation?

supercrystal7 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Shaelumstash said:

Have you thought that maybe this had more to do with Maicon going off and Zabaleta coming on? You know the actual change in personal rather than any formation?
Whilst I don't think zab is the player many blues think he is, he's a lot better than Maicon. Sweet Jesus, his legs have gone entirely. The problem was zab was trying to bomb up and down the line as a wing back. Maicon at least operated as a full back and reduced the space they had. But it looks like we've signed a pup to me. So no, it wasnt the personel change.

Didsbury Dave said:
supercrystal7 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Whilst I don't think zab is the player many blues think he is, he's a lot better than Maicon. Sweet Jesus, his legs have gone entirely. The problem was zab was trying to bomb up and down the line as a wing back. Maicon at least operated as a full back and reduced the space they had. But it looks like we've signed a pup to me. So no, it wasnt the personel change.

Your assumption that we changed formation when Zaba came on is based on Andy Townshend's commentary, and not on how the actually game panned out. To say we were still playing 451 until Zaba came on is just factually wrong, it's not a matter of either of our opinions.

If you are suggesting that, then I assume you think Dzeko replaced Silva as a right midfielder? I assure you he didn't, he was playing up front. Maicon was playing 20 yards higher up the field than Clichy the whole second half, whereas in the first half they played at a similar depth.

Surely you appreciate on TV you cannot have an accurate view of the shape as you don't see the players position when they are off that ball. As someone who was at the game, I assure you certainly after SIlva came off for Dzeko, we clearly had two up front.

.............Kompany.....Nasti.........Clichy

Maicon.................................................Kolarov

................Javi Garcia,,,,,,,,Barry

...............................Yaya

........................Tevez
....................................Dzeko

Compared with the first half 451, Maicon was pushed much further forward, and Kolarov was tracking back much more. Clichy did drift out to full back positions on occasion when Kolarov was upfield, but for the vast majority of the second half he was tucked in alongside the centre halves. You say you are "not arsed" that Clichy was tucked in, well in a real game, him tucking in the whole second half and playing next to Kompany and Nasti is called played 3 centre halves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.