You have a two minute audience with Mr Mancini...

Can you tell me why in the first 15 mins of a match we dominate and from then on its backs against the wall, we know this is due to the opposition making a formation change, but why don't you counter that with your own move.

Do the players listen to you or do they do there own thing

if they do there own think why don't you out them so we all know it's not your fault in the eyes of bluemoaners

If it is your fault then utilise BK's experiance more please, dont burden yourself with it all!

RACHACE said:
maineroad68 said:
Much as I have dreamt about us lifting a trophy for many many years and getting rid of that banner, my targets have changed- and looking at the broader, long term picture getting into CL will make us a more attractive prospect to the world class players and bring us more long term success whereas lifting the FA cup won't. Didn't do much good for Pompey. In an ideal world 4th place AND FA cup this season. But if I had to choose for the good of our future, I'd go 4th spot.

If we were struggling for money then I would agree, but we are not. Also I don't see your point in the long term success? Qualifying for a qualifying round of a european competition is not success in my eyes, however actually winning a pot is.

Just think these days the kudos of being in the CL, be it qualifying rounds or group stages holds bigger sway when trying to attract top drawer players. Think the fact that we're not struggling for money means were open to just attracting players who may only be here to cash in i.e 2nd level players. Offer CL football to boot and you're more likely to attract the 1st level player.

If you define success as actually winning something, then agreed, lifting a trophy is considered more successful. You won't hear me complaining if we don't get CL but lift the FA cup- that's for sure! Given the choice at the beginning of the season I'd have said I'd rather win a cup. Now as things have unfolded, I'd make the difficult decision to prefer to get 4th- based on my opinion that we will hopefully keep the current manager to get some managerial stability and he will get the opportunity in the summer to build his own team, which I'm sure he'd prefer to do by having a choice of 1st level players rather than 2nd- which, as I've said, you're more likely to get that choice if you get into CL.

And I think getting into CL will shut up the doubters, mockers, cynics and all the other knockers we have more than winning the cup will. imo, it makes a bigger statement of intent.

Cancel Petrov's contract immediately, make either Barry, Kompany, Bellers or De Jong as captain, make Maicon and Rodwell the first 2 signings of the summer if you're still here, make Barry left back while playing Vieira and De Jong in the mid with 2 attacking wingers, :)

Look at Everton's Midfield V Rag's then. Take note. 5 attacking Mids.

Go at team's do not set up to play them at their game, we have attacking players that can destroy team's, use em.

(continued from maineroad68)

I know what your saying mate, however I am not of the same opinion regarding the Champs League=better calibre of player.

Personally its one thing and 1 thing only that motivates the vast majority of pro footballers and that is money. We have this in abundance and whether we get to the champs league wont make an iota of difference imo.

The really top players in the world will not all of a sudden think "oh Man City are in the champs league, I will go and join them then"

If the Champions league really was the holy grail for footballers than surely alot of our decent English players i.e Barry, SWP, Johnson, Defoe, Crouch etc etc would all go and play for teams that get the Champions league football i.e Stuttgart, Roma, Juventus, Bayern etc. Many players probably get extra money from endorsments when playing in the CL and more apperance/goal money but we are in a position to cover all aspects of their contracts.

I personally do not believe that if we do not get in the CL that means we will not get the targets that our manager wants regarding players.

RACHACE said:

I know what your saying mate, however I am not of the same opinion regarding the Champs League=better calibre of player.

Personally its one thing and 1 thing only that motivates the vast majority of pro footballers and that is money. We have this in abundance and whether we get to the champs league wont make an iota of difference imo.

The really top players in the world will not all of a sudden think "oh Man City are in the champs league, I will go and join them then"

If the Champions league really was the holy grail for footballers than surely alot of our decent English players i.e Barry, SWP, Johnson, Defoe, Crouch etc etc would all go and play for teams that get the Champions league football i.e Stuttgart, Roma, Juventus, Bayern etc. Many players probably get extra money from endorsments when playing in the CL and more apperance/goal money but we are in a position to cover all aspects of their contracts.

I personally do not believe that if we do not get in the CL that means we will not get the targets that our manager wants regarding players.

I know it's not a cut & dried as that- and I know that the main motivator these days for most footballers is money. Like I say, it'd be a tough call between seeing us lift the FA cup which is clearly defined as success or getting 4th spot- which, imo, makes is a clearer statement of intent in terms of where we want to be heading. But it could be argued that before we go for European success we should try and master some domestic success first- learn to walk before we run and build from the bottom up.

I'll take either or both of these successful outcomes this season :)

maineroad68 said:
RACHACE said:

I know it's not a cut & dried as that- and I know that the main motivator these days for most footballers is money. Like I say, it'd be a tough call between seeing us lift the FA cup which is clearly defined as success or getting 4th spot- which, imo, makes is a clearer statement of intent in terms of where we want to be heading. But it could be argued that before we go for European success we should try and master some domestic success first- learn to walk before we run and build from the bottom up.

I'll take either or both of these successful outcomes this season :)[/quote]

agree 100%

I'd tell him that he was doing a good job, thank him for taking us to our highest ever Premier League position (because we'll finish above 8th), and ask him about any transfer rumours.

I wouldn't presume that I could tell Mancini how to run a football team, any more than he could tell me how to manage a SQL server.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.