You have a two minute audience with Mr Mancini...

ElanJo said:
Just get us into the Champions League. I don't give a flying fook how you do it.
Then next season buy some world class players so that we can afford to play attacking football without letting in a shit load of goals.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

ElanJo said:
Just get us into the Champions League. I don't give a flying fook how you do it.
Then next season buy some world class players so that we can afford to play attacking football without letting in a shit load of goals.
Pretty much this. Might preceed it with 'Bob, in the last few games I've been bewildered and somewhat frustrated by some of your tactics and team selections. Since Ade & Toure have returned our performances have been nowhere near as convincing as they were, and Tevez's blazing goal scoring form has dried up when he's been partnered with Ade. But I bow to your greater footballing knowledge, am delighted by our current 4th spot and trust that you will..

I would tell him that he is doing a good job and not to listen to any of the moaning fans and dirty gutter press. I would not advise him on any football related tactical plans or decisions as I am not that arrogant.

I would ask if he could look into signing Arjen Robben though as he is quality but that would be said tongue in cheek as I am sure he has his own targets.

I would also urge him not to let the opportunity to win the FA cup be pushed to one side just for this relentless bullshit about the top four.

A cup win will make you a hero Bob, getting top 4 won't

RACHACE said:
I would tell him that he is doing a good job and not to listen to any of the moaning fans and dirty gutter press. I would not advise him on any football related tactical plans or decisions as I am not that arrogant.

I would ask if he could look into signing Arjen Robben though as he is quality but that would be said tongue in cheek as I am sure he has his own targets.

I would also urge him not to let the opportunity to win the FA cup be pushed to one side just for this relentless bullshit about the top four.

Much as I have dreamt about us lifting a trophy for many many years and getting rid of that banner, my targets have changed- and looking at the broader, long term picture getting into CL will make us a more attractive prospect to the world class players and bring us more long term success whereas lifting the FA cup won't. Didn't do much good for Pompey. In an ideal world 4th place AND FA cup this season. But if I had to choose for the good of our future, I'd go 4th spot.

maineroad68 said:
RACHACE said:

Much as I have dreamt about us lifting a trophy for many many years and getting rid of that banner, my targets have changed- and looking at the broader, long term picture getting into CL will make us a more attractive prospect to the world class players and bring us more long term success whereas lifting the FA cup won't. Didn't do much good for Pompey. In an ideal world 4th place AND FA cup this season. But if I had to choose for the good of our future, I'd go 4th spot.

If we were struggling for money then I would agree, but we are not. Also I don't see your point in the long term success? Qualifying for a qualifying round of a european competition is not success in my eyes, however actually winning a pot is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.