You might not like it but

Fair doos to them all, total respect for them to travel that distance and offer their support when their club is in so much trouble.
There was a bloke a couple of rows down from me with a pair of bino's who watched the drummers and bell ringer more than the match, to be fair second half I was going to ask could I borrow them and have a look it was that bad.

1961_vintage said:
Definitely added to the atmosphere - although judging by how out of tune he was I suspect that the trumpet player was probably playing it out of his arse!

But I totally agree with the OP. Football needs characters like this.

the bugle player and bell ringer were one and the same....mr portsmouth fc himself

How is that atmosphere.
It stopped us getting going - Pompey fans couldnt compete with the band either.
No wonder both keepers tried to leave pompey, I would hate that racket behind me all match.
Respect to their fans travelling all that way especially in the adversity they find themselves in.
I have been to Fratton and the home fans are noisy but I thought only the band made a noise for them on sunday.

It's there fault there was no atmosphere. They didn't bring enough fans to create any banter and so it's hard to get any atmos going. Fair play to the 500 for travelling up but if that's all they bring good ridance to them get back in the lower leagues, take your bell with you and stay there.

he is called john portsmouth football club westwood, changed his name by depol, my mate ribbo went to watch city at pompey a few years back and was introduced to him before the game, then arranged to meet in the pub after, and the main pompey boys, ribbo said he,s a great guy pompey lads were superb, they have one thing in common with us they hate man u, ribbo said they have a lot of time for city,ribbo said he let him blow his trumpet but we won,t go into that tonight,he has kept in touch with ribbo rang each other a few times and always asks how city are doing,for me i think he is top guy and i would sooner be sat with him at any game than a coin bottle throwing rag?

Dannyctid said:
It's there fault there was no atmosphere. They didn't bring enough fans to create any banter and so it's hard to get any atmos going. Fair play to the 500 for travelling up but if that's all they bring good ridance to them get back in the lower leagues, take your bell with you and stay there.

If we need away fans to make us sing then what does that say about our support?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Dannyctid said:

If we need away fans to make us sing then what does that say about our support?

It was bound to happen after the Derbies, the fact the game was crap didn't help. If we had been playing a team with decent fans ours would have been heard but 500 fans 50 yards away isn't conducive to atmos.

Leekeri said:
Fair doos to them all, total respect for them to travel that distance and offer their support when their club is in so much trouble.
There was a bloke a couple of rows down from me with a pair of bino's who watched the drummers and bell ringer more than the match, to be fair second half I was going to ask could I borrow them and have a look it was that bad.
Got to agree with you, but I could of gladly shoved that drum where the sun dont shine. Mr Pompey is supposed to be a top bloke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.