You will own nothing and be happy

Depends, everyones situation is different .

If you concentrate on your own life , step away from social media/news and have a job and doing alright then you should be relatively happy
This is what we do now. We’ve lost society as a result.

We don’t need the nonsense spouted on here, we just need more social democracy.

We live longer and have better lives than anytime in history

I'm not sure that's wholly true. Statistically that can be proved no doubt, people are living longer. Better? A moot point. I would expect most live in better conditions than 50+ years ago. We had no central heating, no bathroom, no inside toilet, no hot water unless we boiled it in a kettle when I was a young kid,. I lived that way until I was eight years old in Hulme. Moving to the fairly new Wythenshawe estate we got all of those things save the central heating. We also eventually got a gas fire installed. It's true a lot of people now have all of those things, plus double glazing. There are still thousands though that live in squalid housing conditions due to rogue landlords and crap councils.

I also remember my dad worked full time and my mum part time once we started school. This paid the bills, a week in a caravan once a year in Wales or Blackpool and the odd treat. Now a lot of families work like this and can't afford the week in a caravan or the odd treat. They work just to survive and that's before this latest fuel crisis and resulting inflation. For millions in this country it's a groundhog day of misery. Stuck in crap housing, in unsafe areas and absolutely no way of escaping this or improving their situation, no matter how many hours they work, thanks to low pay and inflation outstripping any meagre pay rise they might get. They tread water, often at the point of drowning but just getting enough air to keep swimming. Sadly for many the waves overwhelm them and they become just another statistic on a Gov. UK website.

Depends, everyones situation is different .

If you concentrate on your own life , step away from social media/news and have a job and doing alright then you should be
I'm not sure that's wholly true. Statistically that can be proved no doubt, people are living longer. Better? A moot point. I would expect most live in better conditions than 50+ years ago. We had no central heating, no bathroom, no inside toilet, no hot water unless we boiled it in a kettle when I was a young kid,. I lived that way until I was eight years old in Hulme. Moving to the fairly new Wythenshawe estate we got all of those things save the central heating. We also eventually got a gas fire installed. It's true a lot of people now have all of those things, plus double glazing. There are still thousands though that live in squalid housing conditions due to rogue landlords and crap councils.

I also remember my dad worked full time and my mum part time once we started school. This paid the bills, a week in a caravan once a year in Wales or Blackpool and the odd treat. Now a lot of families work like this and can't afford the week in a caravan or the odd treat. They work just to survive and that's before this latest fuel crisis and resulting inflation. For millions in this country it's a groundhog day of misery. Stuck in crap housing, in unsafe areas and absolutely no way of escaping this or improving their situation, no matter how many hours they work, thanks to low pay and inflation outstripping any meagre pay rise they might get. They tread water, often at the point of drowning but just getting enough air to keep swimming. Sadly for many the waves overwhelm them and they become just another statistic on a Gov. UK website.
Excellent post! At what cost? We are living in a world where complete and utter proven liars are telling us to live a life that they would not advise for their own,the people we listen to tell us lies we all rushed home to listen to Boris during the Covid pandemic,he advised us as he wasn’t practising what he preached I can’t punctuate a sentence properly but I have the common sense to know that I shouldn’t believe liars

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.