Young Boys (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Kovacic was excellent to start with, but has faded a bit, however he improved considerably tonight when Alvarez and Bernardo came on.
He’s looked like an old man since he got his back injury. He started like a house on fire first few games.

He was constantly lambasted when he played and we didn’t do well, up until his Mr Whippy reincarnation.

Players that don’t get stuck in and show they care take far longer to endear themselves to old school British “get in to them” football.
Absolutely, t'was ever thus though. All my life I've seen the need to have a target of one of our own, from some of our fans and I've never understood it, nor ever will.

He was constantly lambasted when he played and we didn’t do well, up until his Mr Whippy reincarnation.

Players that don’t get stuck in and show they care take far longer to endear themselves to old school British “get in to them” football.
He was our best player in the 14 game run to the title in 2018-19. With Fernandinho injured, he stepped into defensive mid and was class.

OPTA rated him as the best player in Europe in the second half of that season.

That was two years before ‘Mr Whippy’.

He was our best player in the 14 game run to the title in 2018-19. With Fernandinho injured, he stepped into defensive mid and was class.

OPTA rated him as the best player in Europe in the second half of that season.

That was two years before ‘Mr Whippy’.
And yet, if you look back on here, he had all sorts of abuse following that too.

People are slow to change their opinions at times.

Why ?

Why can't people say it wasn't a great performance ?

I know we have very high expectations these days, but our finishing tonight was poor, 26 shots on goal, 14 on target, and we scored 3, that's not a great tally is it ?

There were some good performances, Lewis, Grealish, and Rodri, Alvarez and Bernardo when they came on, defence were mostly OK. However we allowed a pretty shite team to give us a game, and after their equaliser, we were hanging on a bit for a while.

We shouldn't be using the pitch as an excuse, there was nothing really that I noticed that was more difficult, and it's not like we don't play in the rain much either.

At the end of the day, the result is all that matters, and we won (easily in the end), but good performance (by our standards) it wasn't.

Any away win in the CL is a good "result", but I don't see the point painting the performance for something it wasn't. In the second half, we only gained control of the game by bringing on Alvarez and Bernardo imho.
Personally I'm sick of the constant negatives when we're not 3-0 up after 15 minutes as some seem to expect almost every game, I've seen City struggle, really struggle for enough points to try and stay up. These days I'd hope for top four, given we have Pep, but it won't last, it never does.

some good performances - Rico, Rodri, Alvarez,Bernardo, Ake, Akanji, Dias.

Some not so good - Kovacic especially and Nunes - first time they have played together however but both are not upto speed at present and both need to start adding goals and creativity as they are the replacements for Gundo and we are missing his contribution in these areas. Grealish still getting up to speed due to limited appearances but again he needs to do that quickly.

Overall a comfortable win against an average side in very poor conditions (pitch and weather) - no injures which is an added bonus and a couple of key players rested.
You honestly sound a bit loony at this point with your agenda against Grealish.

Personally I'm sick of the constant negatives when we're not 3-0 up after 15 minutes as some seem to expect almost every game, I've seen City struggle, really struggle for enough points to try and stay up. These days I'd hope for top four, given we have Pep, but it won't last, it never does.
People need a scapegoat or something to vent about. We’re British. We like a good moan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.