Young Boys (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

some good performances - Rico, Rodri, Alvarez,Bernardo, Ake, Akanji, Dias.

Some not so good - Kovacic especially and Nunes - first time they have played together however but both are not upto speed at present and both need to start adding goals and creativity as they are the replacements for Gundo and we are missing his contribution in these areas. Grealish still getting up to speed due to limited appearances but again he needs to do that quickly.

Overall a comfortable win against an average side in very poor conditions (pitch and weather) - no injures which is an added bonus and a couple of key players rested.
That Grealish comment makes me doubt everything else that is said, even though i think some of it.

Personally I'm sick of the constant negatives when we're not 3-0 up after 15 minutes as some seem to expect almost every game, I've seen City struggle, really struggle for enough points to try and stay up. These days I'd hope for top four, given we have Pep, but it won't last, it never does.
People are thick.

Personally I'm sick of the constant negatives when we're not 3-0 up after 15 minutes
I don't go on the match thread ever, so no idea.
I've seen City struggle, really struggle for enough points to try and stay up.
Yeah same, probably for longer than you, but that's (for now at least) history.

My post is why people can't criticise NOW, by our standards we weren't great tonight, we created a lot of chances, but the finishing was mostly poor.

We got a scrappy rebound goal, a penalty, and one decent finish.

There were players tonight who weren't good, why shouldn't people be able to say that ?

It's one individual game, against what was/is a pretty poor side (where do you think they'd be in the English league ?).

My post is why people can't criticise NOW, by our standards we weren't great tonight, we created a lot of chances, but the finishing was mostly poor.

There were players tonight who weren't good, why shouldn't people be able to say that ?

It's one individual game, against what was/is a pretty poor side (where do you think they'd be in the English league ?).
Above the scum :)

No one minds constructive criticism; it's actually to be welcomed. But when you get comments like "he's shit", or "sell him", or "he was a mistake"; well, they're not constructive comments.

Personally I'm sick of the constant negatives when we're not 3-0 up after 15 minutes as some seem to expect almost every game, I've seen City struggle, really struggle for enough points to try and stay up. These days I'd hope for top four, given we have Pep, but it won't last, it never does.

Not too long ago I used to get my calculator out and work through the fixture list for a route to 40 points.

Now I gasp at a single misplaced pass.

Nowadays I barely notice when we pass 40 points and I've forgotten where the calculator is, but I'll not forget this wonderful football, coz as you say, it ain't going to last, nothing ever does.

So we should enjoy it.

Don’t worry, the Ederson hater loonies are back, despite Steffan’s comparative horror show on Saturday
Clowns. I actually cleared my ignore list last year that was entirely made up of covidiots so that I could put all the Ederson weirdos on it, as I would rather hear the opinions of a covid denier than some pillock that knows nothing about football.

People need a scapegoat or something to vent about. We’re British. We like a good moan.
People aren't really moaning, just saying it wasn't a great performance, it's commenting on the game.

Why should that not be allowed ?

Tonight we struggled to beat a team we should be beating every time, and yes we did beat them, but it was a bit of a tough watch, the attacking stats tell you that, 26 goal attempts, 14 on target, 3 goals, 1 a scrappy rebound, 1 a penalty, and 1 finally a decent finish.

30/40 pass moves when actually creating next to nothing is not good football, it might look "nice" but it's not great when it ends up back at the defenders.

No one minds constructive criticism; it's actually to be welcomed. But when you get comments like "he's shit", or "sell him", or "he was a mistake"; well, they're not constructive comments.
I agree, and having not read the whole of this thread, and as usual I don't ever go in the match thread, so no idea, but there were players tonight who didn't have great games, it annoys me when people say we shouldn't be saying so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.