Young Boys (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Gündoğan not so much. He came to us injured with dislocated knee cap and missed the start of the season when he first signed for us.

Came back, played well for a few games (got 5 goals and 3 assists) but then did his cruciate knee ligaments and didn’t play again until the October of the following season.

Once he got fit again and in the swing of it he was always a good player for us from then on.
He was constantly lambasted when he played and we didn’t do well, up until his Mr Whippy reincarnation.

Players that don’t get stuck in and show they care take far longer to endear themselves to old school British “get in to them” football.

It's fucking mental mate.

Absolutely Fuck All wrong with that tonight.

Away Group game in CL with 6 points on the board already after 2 games.
Big game on Sunday and a chance to leave out some important players.
Not to mention a plastic pitch!

Never in danger of losing despite being pegged back by a lovely goal.

Effectively qualified tonight after 3 games, fucking brilliant.
Anyone who disses our performance is either a total dipstick or not a City fan - probably both.

It’s just a pity we are not scoring the number of goals we should be. Mind you robbed of a goal: Grealish handball decision ridiculous.

Some delightful football played tonight.

Pitch should not be allowed in this competition.
i guess got away with hand ball penalty usually anything in european football hitting arm is penalty

Darke and Hoddle - a pair of woodentops. Darke can't stop himself highlighting what he thinks are negatives 'Only this/Only that'. Hoddle getting depressed that we got a pen. Imagine him protesting against Utd, Newcastle, or Arsenal getting a pen? No, me neither.
How hard can it be to find commentators who actually like City? It’s fucking tiresome listening to it. Luckily I only have to listen to them for away games but it’s draining.

Tell you something about this magnificent, magical team. These kind of games come around fairly regularly now.

I never doubted for a second from the first whistle to the last that we would win that game. Not for one second. I was totally relaxed throughout.

And that was basically our reserves.
We are watching perhaps the best English club side ever but you wouldn’t know if from these post match threads (I refuse to look at the match threads).

Maybe the level of our football just goes above people’s heads.

Kovacic was excellent to start with, but has faded a bit, however he improved considerably tonight when Alvarez and Bernardo came on.
First 3 games of the season, Kovacic was incredible. Then he got injured and he's been awful. We've seen what he is capable of, he needs to bring that form back

Rodri has become world class but he was mediocre the first 2 seasons.

Can’t be arsed waiting 3 seasons for Nunes to shape himself.
Rodri was cack in his first season, anyone who says otherwise has a poor memory or deluded. But after 18 months or so he's transformed himself into a world class player and I'm delighted for him.

I don't know what to make of Nunes yet, so so.

Anyone who disses our performance is either a total dipstick or not a City fan - probably both.
Why ?

Why can't people say it wasn't a great performance ?

I know we have very high expectations these days, but our finishing tonight was poor, 26 shots on goal, 14 on target, and we scored 3, that's not a great tally is it ?

There were some good performances, Lewis, Grealish, and Rodri, Alvarez and Bernardo when they came on, defence were mostly OK. However we allowed a pretty shite team to give us a game, and after their equaliser, we were hanging on a bit for a while.

We shouldn't be using the pitch as an excuse, there was nothing really that I noticed that was more difficult, and it's not like we don't play in the rain much either.

At the end of the day, the result is all that matters, and we won (easily in the end), but good performance (by our standards) it wasn't.

Any away win in the CL is a good "result", but I don't see the point painting the performance for something it wasn't. In the second half, we only gained control of the game by bringing on Alvarez and Bernardo imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.