Young Boys (A) - Wed 25th Oct, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the Red Star pre-match thread; what’s everyone talking about with these silly line-ups like we’re playing Sutton United in the third round of the EFL Cup?

A win tomorrow and we qualify, Pep is going to go full strength!

After everyone was saying Pep was going to pick Ortega, Phillips, Kovačić, Lewis, Bobb etc. for Red Star, this was our line-up:

IMG_4670.jpeg

It’ll be similar tomorrow tonight, probably with Gvardiol/Aké left back and Akanji at centre half and we have Stones back who needs minutes so he’ll probably play instead of Nunes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plastic pitch which can be problematic, my squad selection would be a lot more heavily rotated than what Pep will pick

-------------Ortega
Lewis---Akanji---Dias---Ake
-------------Phillips
-----Nunes---Kovacic
Bernardo-----Foden---Grealish

Heavyweights on bench if needed: Rodri, Doku, Alvarez and Haaland

You can’t take any team lightly in Europe, Lens did a job on Arsenal the other week so this will be a tough game on a pitch we don’t normally play on.

We should rest our star players in view of the significant risk of injury on their plastic pitch. How they are allowed by UEFA to compete with such a pitch is beyond me.
I've just been thinking the same. In this day n age with health n safety and players worth in excess of 100 million, they allow a 1980s QPR/Luton scenario in footballs elite club tournament. Absolutely fuckin baffling! Mind you, nothing that bent organisation does will ever surprise me. I just pray we don't pick up any injuries because of it.

I've just been thinking the same. In this day n age with health n safety and players worth in excess of 100 million, they allow a 1980s QPR/Luton scenario in footballs elite club tournament. Absolutely fuckin baffling! Mind you, nothing that bent organisation does will ever surprise me. I just pray we don't pick up any injuries because of it.
They were 2G with sand on, these modern ones you can’t really tell aren’t grass.

IMG_4671.jpeg
IMG_4672.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.